Senior Application Security Engineer - Cloud
Remote - US
Posted 1 month ago
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Our open source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software.
We are looking for Product Security Engineers to help scale our product security function, which works closely with engineering & product management to ensure that security is appropriately addressed across the HashiCorp product suite. This role is focused on HashiCorp cloud services and will report to our Director of Product Security.
Security at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to secure architecture and design of HashiCorp cloud services.
- Plan & execute security assessments (dynamic testing, static testing, code review, etc) and threat modeling of HashiCorp’s cloud services, products, and associated cloud infrastructure.
- Build and implement security solutions across the product life-cycle, such as standalone security tools, CI/CD pipeline integrations, product security features/fixes, etc.
- Contribute unified security requirements to product specifications.
- Work across various product and engineering teams to prioritize security features and bugs, and ensure implementation and mitigations.
- Act as SME on multiple information security areas (e.g. security architecture, application security, threat modeling etc.)
- Monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting HashiCorp products and services, develop proof-of-concepts as appropriate, identify mitigations and assess/communicate associated risk.
- Assist in execution of 3rd-party audits, penetration tests, and bug bounty programs.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of security trainings.
- Research emerging attack vectors and techniques.
You may be a good fit if you have knowledge and experience around:
- Product / service architectures in modern cloud environments (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Modern engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Secure development practices, and integration into broader engineering activities.
- Secure operations practices, specifically with regards to cloud environments.
- Application and infrastructure security testing methodologies and tools.
- Security design / architecture and threat modeling.
- Vulnerabilities (old and new), and options for defense / mitigation.
- Product vulnerability management lifecycle.
- Security audits, penetration tests, and/or bug bounty programs.
- Cryptography and cryptographic libraries.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. Interested, and think you might be a fit? Apply today!