Junior Security Risk Analyst
Basking Ridge, NJ, United States
Posted 1 week ago
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of technology assets and information across all Verizon networks, systems and applications. CIS integrates cyber security governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services. We are looking for a Security Risk Management professional to join our Information Risk Management team.
- Evaluate new or modified end-to-end systems, processes and/or product versus internal security standards to identify risks that fall outside of VZ’s risk tolerances.
- Collaborate with the core business partners and other security teams to improve controls via creative process design which meet the evolving business needs for customer experience and efficiency.
- Provide risk consulting and/or training to business and technical partners to improve business effectively protecting information and other projects and duties focused on efficient operations effective risk management.
- Provide guidance, interpretation and education on specific security policies across requesting organizations related to their projects and applications.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Cyber Security, Risk Management, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology or other related field.
- Written, verbal and presentation communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment handling multiple priorities.
- Relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Documentation, planning, negotiation, work prioritization and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of cyber security risk management concepts, cyber security frameworks, secure coding principles, and security technologies.
- Experience with IT and Technology Services Governance practices and processes, and business acumen.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: technical security tools related experience (Active Directory, PowerBroker, Firemon, Tuffin, CyberArk, CA, Nessus & ArcSight or other security tools), process Improvement (e.g.ITIL Certification, Six Sigma Greenbelt or Lean certification or higher), automation, technical Data and Modeling, innovation, quantitative Risk Management, Third-Party Risk Management, and/or Risk Consulting.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.