Senior Product Security Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
Our security team is growing! The Product Security team is responsible for making sure Atlassian products and services are safe. We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer who thrives on working with development teams to secure their products across the software development lifecycle. Your responsibilities will include source code auditing, writing automation, reviewing platform and service designs, and finding ways to empower engineering teams to build secure products by default. If you have an interest in collaborating with colleagues to understand our products and improve existing security infrastructure, this could be the role for you! As we work directly on products, and write most of our own tools, the ability to code is crucial. Most of the code we work with is in Java, Python, or Go. As part of the focus on learning at Atlassian, you'll be able to spend up to 20% of your time on independent research.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience working in security
- A deep understanding of application security, especially web applications
- Experience coding in Java, Python or Go, and at least one scripting language.
- An ability to reason about security decisions
- Experience leading projects from start to finish
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively to engineers who know way more than you about their code
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Published contributions to the security community
- Presentation experience at industry events
- Experience working with compliance, privacy, IT, networking or related functions