Software Engineer, Cloud Security (GCS)
330 FRONT ST W:TORONTO
ClarivateClarivate is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics. Our vision is to improve the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
What is the Opportunity?
This role is open for both new grads and senior candidates. As a Cloud Security Developer, you will be leading, designing, and developing innovative solutions around governance, observability, chaos engineering, DevSecOps, and more initiatives that contribute to the mission of the cloud security team to improve RBC's cloud security posture while simultaneously improving the developer experience and developing a culture to follow the best security practices.
What will you do?
Establish core services and security controls across multiple cloud environments – Azure, AWS, and GCP
Design and build cloud security solutions while using modern automation, config as code, and TDD principles
Implement SRE practices to improve operational processes and increase reliability while reducing the toil
Participate, lead and jointly deliver solutions that integrate end-to-end and provide value by evolving with an ever-evolving infrastructure
Maintain strong working relationships with multiple engineering groups to maintain alignment on technical strategy
Collaborate and build solutions to provide security coverage reports across platforms and environments to identify gaps and build the cloud security strategy
Brainstorm and collaborate with the team members to build POCs and experiment with new tools and technologies
What do you need to succeed?
Possess knowledge of modern software development, DevOps, and SRE practices
Proficiency with Python, Go, TypeScript, or any other modern programming language
Experience working with one of the major public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Experience building and optimizing CI/CD pipelines with shell scripts, Jenkins, GitOps, etc.
Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools like ARM, CFN, and Terraform
Leadership skills to own and lead a project from start to finish
Experience working with container tools and platforms (Docker, K8s, OCP, etc.)
Nice to have:
Experience with SIEM solutions like Splunk, Dynatrace, Datadog, etc.
Cloud or Security certifications
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking, to keep growing, and to work together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Technical and management tracks for future career growth
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact though leadership opportunities
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Flexible work/life balance options
Opportunities to do challenging work
Additional Job Details
Address:330 FRONT ST W:TORONTO
Employment Type:Full time
Platform:Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 145K - 235K USD 145K+
Palo Alto Networks
Sr Staff Security EngineerAutomation Endpoint security Firewalls Incident response SaaS SIEM +2
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs