Consulting Engineer | Security Specialist | Southwest US
Posted 1 month ago
Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Grab, Goldman Sachs, ING, Microsoft, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering and sales team and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as Consultants have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimisation, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
What You Bring Along:
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a Consultant, working to deliver and execute on professional services engagements
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritise, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.