Senior Portfolio Delivery Manager- IT Security (IIT00B5)
Employee Status: Regular
Bargaining Unit: Non-Union
Pay Range: $129,283 - $182,612
Location: 277 Front Street West, Toronto, ON
Closing Date: 30-Jan-2022
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Metrolinx's Innovation and Information Technology group supports female team members via "Go Tech Women" an affinity group for women in Information Technology, led by our Chief Information Officer.
If you enjoy technology and innovation, value diversity, appreciate work/balance and are looking for an opportunity to make a better world via public service, Metrolinx would like to hear from you!
Our I&IT Security Office is seeking a Senior Portfolio Delivery Manager. As a senior portfolio manager in ITSEC as part of the I&IT Transformation, this role is accountable for client relationship management, delivery to scope, budget, timelines and quality, using a Lean Agile approach. This role will also be responsible to enhance the IT culture through positive leadership and ensure staff members, stakeholders and outsourced vendors are working together to successfully achieve strategic objectives.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for owning the vision of the project, maintaining transparency, and creating a shared understanding of what “Done” looks like.
- Responsible for schedule management, cost management, scope management, engineering quality, financial accountability, project deliverables and communications.
- Responsible for creating a forward-thinking culture of success; ensures compliance with Metrolinx’s policies and mandates.
- As an I&IT ITSEC portfolio subject matter expert, makes recommendations to the I&IT Directors, Vice Presidents and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to improve planning, increase productivity, reduce risks, and support operational efficiency, effectiveness, and economy.
- Delivers expertise, advice and direction to I&IT and business resources responsible for the delivery of related projects and services across the organization.
- Leads and supports the development and build-out of the IT Security improvement plans for the enterprise.
- Manages the performance of Delivery tasks via budget tracking, dashboard and metrics on utilization, resource allocation and other KPIs as required.
- Collaborates with business partners, demonstrating a solid understanding of customer / stakeholder needs, to ensure that product goals, objectives, strategies and priorities are understood, and business benefits are realized.
- Partners with Procurement to develop value-for-money procurement models to meet project outcomes. Partners with Finance to manage the project funds. Partners with Vendor Management Office to manage the contracts and changes. Applies best practice for lean, agile delivery and project management.
- Leads by example to promote the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to achieve a shared vision and objectives
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Experience in Agile Project Management for a minimum of ten (10) years including experience as a Scrum Master, Project Manager and/or Product Owner required.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project and other recognized Project Management Tools. Experience of large complex transformational projects and multiple simultaneous projects. Experienced in facilitation, conflict resolution, influencing, executive communication and stakeholder management.
- Agile certification (Agile Certified Professional, Certified Scrum Product Owner) an asset. Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 an asset. Cyber Security training and certification (CISSP/CISM, GIAC Security Essentials, Security+) an asset.
- Knowledge theories, principles, and practices for project management of IT systems and technology projects that incorporate capital and operating components. Knowledge of Agile program management, planning, budgeting, prioritization, risk and change management principles, methods, and techniques to manage the development, deployment, and implementation of medium scale fare system/program initiatives.
- Experience in procurement and contract management to initiate tenders, evaluate bids, make recommendations for approval, and plan, direct, coordinate and monitor the work of consultants for compliance with user group and Metrolinx standards, policies, and procedures. Budget management experience to prepare project budgets and monitor within budgetary limits.
- Effective written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills to articulate and present advice, options and recommendations to senior management and business clients on projects and technology solutions.
- Leadership and management skills to manage and motivate cross functional teams and set high standards and clear expectations.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online through the Current Opportunities page https://metrolinx.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=IIT00B5&lang=en
Metrolinx employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with Metrolinx’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Metrolinx.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs