Senior Security Engineer
QualtricsQualtrics empowers companies to capture and act on customer, product, brand & employee experience insights in one place.
Are you passionate about security in the cloud? Are you looking for a place to put your skills and passion for security operations and penetration testing techniques to work with the latest cloud-based technologies? Do you enjoy the daily life of working within a global security operations center? Do you sleep with hacking and other security books under your pillow? Do you enjoy not having the same day twice? If so, Clarabridge is the place for you. We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join a highly successful team within a fast-paced growth company.
Our security mission: Clarabridge strives for customer confidence and trust by delivering software that provides security and privacy for data protection throughout the customer lifecycle backed by globally recognized standards, compliance, and regulatory drivers.
As our Senior Security Engineer, you will be a deeply technical, hands-on, keep that Spreadsheet away from me security practitioner. You are thirsty for finding bad things before others and engaging with techies and engineers for thoughtful pontification about differences on risk. Your responsibilities include advanced security operations center investigation, prevention and remediation, penetration testing (automated and hands-on), threat hunt, malware analysis, and forensics—and you will support vulnerability management and lead intrusion detection/prevention (IDS/IPS), and cyber and physical threats analysis activities.
You will monitor global threats and kick the tires, check the engine, and break things before others do by leading the testing of physical, logical, and electronic protection of data, including cloud, corporate, web application, access control, intrusion detection/prevention, virus protection, and more.
The Senior Security Engineer reports to the Chief Information Security Officer and has the following responsibilities:
- Serves as tier 3 SOC engineer, lead incident handler, and penetration tester, including Blue/Red (Purple) team simulations to help develop indicators of compromise (IOC) to improve monitoring, prevention, and SOC awareness.
- Conducting research and developing tools or scripts to automate tasks.
- Leading and performing technical security assessments and penetration tests on our multi-cloud environments, applications, and corporate offices (e.g., physical, network, wireless, web application, social engineering).
- Developing an understanding of the business and customer requirements and liaise with and serve as technical subject matter expert for development, operations, engineering teams, and customer penetration testing activities.
- Performing or contributing to security engineering and architecture initiatives following best practices.
- Identifying distributed systems security issues as they arise and coordinates with appropriate business units and customers to ensure issue mitigation on a timely basis.
- Maintaining competence in security trends, technologies, and practices through self-study and attendance of industry events and providing internal training.
This position requires or prefers the following competencies for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, information security, or other security-related discipline is required. A degree from a deep technical institute (e.g., SANS Institute) a plus. Associate degree candidates with the right technical hands-on experience will receive consideration.
- Three years in a hands-on SOC, technical consulting, or penetration testing position in SaaS and/or cloud service provider environments is required.
- Must have a love for the art of penetration testing (web, mobile, internal, external) and tools and techniques, incident response activities and containment, and the ability to remain calm and steady.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following, PCI, HIPAA, or NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Must possess one of the following current applicable professional certifications: Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), Certified Penetration Tester (CPT).
- Familiarity with the ATT&CK framework.
- Experience performing forensics, building labs, or test environments.
- Must have deep, hands-on familiarity with cloud, systems, networks, web applications, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and testing of hardware, software, and firmware.
- Experience with interpreted and scripting languages (BASH, PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc.), including code review and using automated tools, is a strong must.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to speak to a variety of audiences about complex security matters.
- Able to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks, work independently or within a cross-functional group and mentor other team members.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs