Senior Security Engineer
Are you passionate about security in the cloud? Are you looking for a place to put your skills and passion for security operations and penetration testing techniques to work with the latest cloud-based technologies? Do you enjoy the daily life of working within a global security operations center? Do you sleep with hacking and other security books under your pillow? Do you enjoy not having the same day twice? If so, Clarabridge is the place for you. We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join a highly successful team within a fast-paced growth company.
Our security mission: Clarabridge strives for customer confidence and trust by delivering software that provides security and privacy for data protection throughout the customer lifecycle backed by globally recognized standards, compliance, and regulatory drivers.
As our Senior Security Engineer, you will be a deeply technical, hands-on, keep that Spreadsheet away from me security practitioner. You are thirsty for finding bad things before others and engaging with techies and engineers for thoughtful pontification about differences on risk. Your responsibilities include advanced security operations center investigation, prevention and remediation, penetration testing (automated and hands-on), threat hunt, malware analysis, and forensics—and you will support vulnerability management and lead intrusion detection/prevention (IDS/IPS), and cyber and physical threats analysis activities.
You will monitor global threats and kick the tires, check the engine, and break things before others do by leading the testing of physical, logical, and electronic protection of data, including cloud, corporate, web application, access control, intrusion detection/prevention, virus protection, and more.
The Senior Security Engineer reports to the Chief Information Security Officer and has the following responsibilities:
- Serves as tier 3 SOC engineer, lead incident handler, and penetration tester, including Blue/Red (Purple) team simulations to help develop indicators of compromise (IOC) to improve monitoring, prevention, and SOC awareness.
- Conducting research and developing tools or scripts to automate tasks.
- Leading and performing technical security assessments and penetration tests on our multi-cloud environments, applications, and corporate offices (e.g., physical, network, wireless, web application, social engineering).
- Developing an understanding of the business and customer requirements and liaise with and serve as technical subject matter expert for development, operations, engineering teams, and customer penetration testing activities.
- Performing or contributing to security engineering and architecture initiatives following best practices.
- Identifying distributed systems security issues as they arise and coordinates with appropriate business units and customers to ensure issue mitigation on a timely basis.
- Maintaining competence in security trends, technologies, and practices through self-study and attendance of industry events and providing internal training.
This position requires or prefers the following competencies for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, information security, or other security-related discipline is required. A degree from a deep technical institute (e.g., SANS Institute) a plus. Associate degree candidates with the right technical hands-on experience will receive consideration.
- Three years in a hands-on SOC, technical consulting, or penetration testing position in SaaS and/or cloud service provider environments is required.
- Must have a love for the art of penetration testing (web, mobile, internal, external) and tools and techniques, incident response activities and containment, and the ability to remain calm and steady.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following, PCI, HIPAA, or NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Must possess one of the following current applicable professional certifications: Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), Certified Penetration Tester (CPT).
- Familiarity with the ATT&CK framework.
- Experience performing forensics, building labs, or test environments.
- Must have deep, hands-on familiarity with cloud, systems, networks, web applications, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and testing of hardware, software, and firmware.
- Experience with interpreted and scripting languages (BASH, PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc.), including code review and using automated tools, is a strong must.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to speak to a variety of audiences about complex security matters.
- Able to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks, work independently or within a cross-functional group and mentor other team members.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Tags: Bash CEH Cloud Compliance Forensics GIAC GPEN GWAPT HIPAA IDS Incident response Intrusion detection IPS Malware Monitoring NIST Offensive Security OSCP PCI Penetration testing Perl PowerShell Privacy Python SaaS SANS Scripting Security assessments Vulnerability management
Perks/benefits: Team events
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Security Engineering Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs