Data Privacy Manager
Bucharest, or Remote
SnykSnyk helps software-driven businesses develop fast and stay secure. Continuously find and fix vulnerabilities for npm, Maven, NuGet, RubyGems, PyPI and more.
We’re looking for a passionate Data Privacy Manager to join our Data Governance team to help build a privacy-first culture across the company.
You’ll work across various Snyk departments, developing, implementing, and enforcing privacy policies in line with relevant legislation.
You’ll manage our Data Privacy Impact Assessment process, and provide expert advice to key stakeholders on adherence to GDPR, CCPA, and other applicable data protection standards.
You’ll also manage Privacy Training for teams, along with comms and engagement to raise the profile of privacy across Snyk.
You’ll spend your time:
- Implementing systems and controls to ensure compliance with relevant data protection legislation and regulations
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure “privacy by design” is embedded across Snyk
- Providing practical and technical advice to teams and key stakeholders across Snyk, ensuring that we are compliant with relevant legislation in our use of personal data
- Conducting Data Privacy Impact Assessments and other privacy risk assessments as required
- Driving a privacy positive culture across Snyk
You should apply if you:
- Care deeply about protecting users, customers, and even Snykers’ privacy
- Have prior experience of working in a data privacy role that involves practical design of privacy processes, and privacy consultancy into wider teams, and strong practical experience with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations
- Are comfortable with prioritising and managing multiple projects at once
- Have excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Can translate business objectives/questions/problems into technical requirements
- Are organised, collaborative, hands-on, self-motivated, and a an open communicator, and are comfortable working in a globally distributed team across several time zones
We’d especially love to hear from you if have:
- 3+ years in privacy roles
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. computer science, informatics etc.)
- Relevant industry qualifications (CIPM or equivalent certification showing familiarity with the principles of Privacy Programme Management or Practitioner certificate in Data Privacy/Protection or equivalent).
- Experience leading a Privacy Operations or Information Governance team
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs