Senior Security Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Course Hero is scaling! We’re looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help us capture the flag! If you are passionate about security and want a challenge, come help defend our castle.
As a member of the Course Hero security team, you will work closely with a group of hard-working engineers to craft and implement solutions and processes that will protect Course Hero, mitigate risk and contain the blast radius across Course Hero’s domain.
A Sr. Security Engineer at Course Hero will have a deep impact on a variety of technology decisions spanning multiple projects. We are looking for an exceptional technologist who has in-depth knowledge in cybersecurity. Always Learning is a key value of a successful Engineer at Course Hero and you will have the opportunity to learn and to lead early career engineers on the path to making the best technical decisions.
This is a full-time role located in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Build strong security practices around defending Course Hero’s cloud environments.
- Drive OWASP improvements and application design requirements back to your software engineering partners.
- Contribute to a secure development environment using methods like DAST, SAST, SCA, IAST.
- Monitor, detect and defend security threats using various tools such as WAF, IDS, SEIMs.
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies or services to continually minimize the threat landscape.
- Contribute solid and defensible opinions about secure code structure
- Create policies that ensure all systems follow regulatory security standards and compliance.
- Provide technical leadership on tooling and services; open knowledge sharing with other team members and willingness to mentor team members
Are you our Secops Engineer?
- 4+ years of using scripting languages, Go, Python
- Understand the security challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, disaster recovery and SIRT response.
- Expertise in securing cloud infrastructure and secure CI/CD.
- A robust Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails?” while designing.
- Flexibility to adjust to changes in priorities and ability to deliver within constraints
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently present ideas and processes to stakeholders with varying levels of technological experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or STEM field
- Expert using AWS services such as, K8, GuardDuty, VPCs, Security Groups, RBAC, IAM.
- Familiar with security compliance such as, information security policies, audits and incident response.
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Us:Course Hero is on a mission to help students graduate, confident and prepared. The online learning platform offers over 60 million course-specific study resources created by and for students and educators, as well as 24/7 tutor help. More than 65,000 verified college educators use Course Hero to collaborate with other faculty and share resources to hone new strategies for instruction. Everyday, students, educators and tutors help more than 20 million students make every study hour count.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Join us on our mission!
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs