Product Security Engineer
Remote - US
SingleStoreSingleStore is a modern relational database for cloud and on-premises that delivers immediate insights for modern applications and analytical systems. Book a demo or trial today!
SingleStore is a cutting edge business leading a wave of disruption in the database space focused on delivering a single platform for all data intensive applications. We believe in building secure by design solutions for cloud and on-premises deployments without compromising performance.
At SingleStore we are making security part of the entire software development lifecycle, from design to development, through testing and operations. To meet the needs of our rapidly growing business we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Security Engineer to help us deliver products and services that meet customer security requirements and provide the highest levels of security assurance.
- Drive and support secure software development lifecycle activities and practices across SingleStore (e.g., Security Architecture, Threat Modeling, Secure Coding, Ethical Hacking, Product Security Incident Response).
- Stay abreast of emerging security threats and vulnerabilities to ensure the appropriate security controls and mitigations are built into SingleStore products and services.
- Research and evaluate evolving software security standards, best-practices and guidelines to ensure alignment and coverage within upcoming product releases.
- Provide re-usable solutions to identified software vulnerabilities from internal and external penetration tests.
- Collaborate with the larger engineering division by providing role based training and guidance for software security.
- Understand customer and partner software security requirements and interpret them to both technical and management audiences.
- Work closely with Product Management to develop security requirements and acceptance criteria that clearly describe customer requested security features, capabilities and opportunities for growth initiatives.
- Support the sales and marketing organization to ensure consistent and clear external messaging is presented describing the security posture of SingleStore products and services.
- Help present software security initiatives to customers, partners and external stakeholders.
- Assist with and support internal and external software security reviews and assessments.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team on enterprise security projects and initiatives that require software engineering support.
- 2+ years experience in software development.
- 2+ years experience in software security.
- Strong understanding of security standards, guidelines and best practices for building highly resilient hardened software systems (e.g., NIST, CIS, OWASP)
- Competence in cloud-native and container technologies, as well as the security risks and countermeasures to secure them.
- Hands on Kubernetes experience and understanding of architecture.
- Experience developing software security features and product capabilities (e.g., SSO, key management, data masking, access control)
- Well-versed in designing and implementing secure software services and building secure APIs.
- Understanding of encryption and key management systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge in assessing vulnerabilities identified by security scanning tools and third party penetration testing engagements.
- Familiar with a variety of security scanning tools (e.g., SAST, DAST, IAST, SCA)
- Experience in managed services security issues and architecture.
- Demonstrable testing competency with a focus on penetration testing and ethical hacking.
- Certifications in one or more of the following areas: CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, OSCP, CEH
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Experience presenting and communicating software security content to both technical and management audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience working effectively with engineering, sales, marketing and product management.
- Familiarity with data security frameworks and regulatory standards, including PCI DSS, GDPR and/or CCPA/CPRA, and FedRAMP.
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs