Engineering Manager Cryptography Services
Menlo Park, CA, or New York, NY, or Remote, or Seattle, WA
RobinhoodRobinhood has commission-free investing, and tools to help shape your financial future. Sign up and get your first stock free. Limitations and fees may apply.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our mission is to further develop our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users’ data and information is protected using the best mechanisms available. The team achieves this mission by building, scaling and reliably operating fundamental security services and platforms that allow Robinhood engineers to build secure products.
Robinhood is looking for an Engineering Manager, Cryptography Services to lead the development of the cryptography platform from scratch. In this role you will create a vision and implementation for cryptography to support our “Crypto Platform”. We do this by taking a customer-centric approach, and define our customers as Users, Product Developers, and other teams within Privacy & Security.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide crypto security expertise and technical direction for crypto security initiatives defined by the business.
- Lead and build a team of talented and high-impact engineers, providing technical and hands-on leadership
- Design and build the next generation security services for cryptography platforms.
- Understanding of crypto-systems and protocols, such as symmetric ciphers, encryption, secure hash functions, and cryptanalysis.
- Implement cryptographic primitives to support the latest advancements required to foster the cryptography ecosystem.
- Experience with cryptography algorithms, security engineering, cloud computing environments.
- Provide guidance, architectural guidance and support to product development teams throughout the product development lifecycle on a variety of security requirements
- Build strong partnerships with counterparts in core engineering, operations, legal, and compliance.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of leadership experience - leading engineering team, code reviews, etc.
- 2+ years experience working with cryptography and related systems.
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency and/or blockchain technology
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems and good intuition for REST API design.
- Ability to tackle sophisticated engineering problems that deliver results aligned with team objectives.
- Proven history of providing firm-wide impact with self-sufficiency, as well as planning and leading large projects with long-term impact.
- Experience building and scaling secure custody systems
- Programming experience in Python, Golang, or similar programming languages
- Experience working within highly regulated environments
- Previous work in a high security and/or highly regulated industry
- Experience working in fintech such as exchange or trading platforms
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs