Application Security Engineer
Who we are:
BigID is a data intelligence platform for privacy, security and governance - enabling customers to proactively discover, manage, protect, and get more value from their regulated, sensitive, and personal data across their data landscape. We're reimagining data management, empowering customers to drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
Headquartered in New York City with a worldwide presence, we are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology with R&D in the heart of Tel Aviv. BigID has been recognized for its data intelligence innovation as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, named to the 2021 Forbes Cloud 100, #19 on the 2021 Inc 5000 (the list of fastest growing private companies in America), and an RSA Innovation Sandbox winner.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, integrity, and teamwork.
Who we seek:
An Application Security Engineer reporting to the Chief Security Officer to partner with the engineering organization as a consultant and SecOps subject matter expert.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in and support application security reviews and threat modeling, including code review and dynamic testing.
- Own and perform application security PenTesting and vulnerability management.
- Hands-on partnership with developers to securely develop new products and features..
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Articulate complex business terms to technical security language.
- Facilitate and support the preparation of product releases.
- Support and consult with product and development teams in the area of application security.
- Assist in creation of application security training.
- Assist in development of automated security testing to validate that secure coding best practices are being used.
- Investigating the security issues in BigID products and creating scalable long term solutions
- Training developers on security best practices and assisting in implementation
- Collaborating with architects, engineers, and other security practitioners to evaluate application and infrastructure.
- Form a strong relationship with developer teams and serve as point of contact and security SME for questions arising around secure development.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a security role.
- Container orchestration and container platform security experience (Docker/K8).
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools.
- Familiarity with cloud security controls and micro services
- Experience working with engineering and product teams.
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Application Security experience including code review, threat modelling, and penetration testing.
- Development/Coding experience in multiple programming languages.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) platforms.
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements - for parents, for remote work days, etc.
- Office perks: dog-friendly environment, fully-stocked fridge, gym and exercise classes, weekly Happy Hours, free parking, evening meals
- Knowledge training & Career development tracks
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
Diversity & Inclusion: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. Come as you are.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs