Cyber Hunt & Incident Response Analyst
Arlington, Virginia, United States
phia LLCAt phia, trust us to solve the complex challenges of our connected world through top-tier cyber intelligence & threat hunting. Contact us.
At phia, we hire talented and passionate people who are focused on collaborative, meaningful work, providing technical and operational subject matter expertise and support services to our partners and clients. Join a highly technical team responsible for responding to the latest breaches (SolarWinds, Microsoft Exchange, Colonial Pipeline) across Fortune 500, Federal, and State/Local organizations.
phia has an opportunity for a Cyber Hunt & Incident Response Analyst to support our DHS CISA Hunt and Incident Response (HIRT) deployment Network Analysis team. In this position, you will be on the front line of supporting national and international cyber intrusions teaming with DHS stakeholders to secure America’s critical infrastructure. These engagements entail performing host and network analysis to find the badness. Come join our cutting-edge team working on stopping some of the world’s most advanced adversaries. This position is located in Arlington, VA, with frequent/full remote options during the pandemic/post-pandemic.
What You'll Do
- Perform analyses on networks running on a variety of platforms and operating systems.
- Perform analysis of logs/artifacts from a variety of network sources (alerts, application layer protocols, full PCAP, Netflow, etc.) to identify threats.
- Perform real‐time hunt and incident handling (data collection, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and system remediation) tasks.
- Leverage tools including network analysis and collection tools such as Snort, Bro, Suricata, Wireshark, full PCAP, Netflow as part of duties performing cyber incident response analysis.
- Utilize data analytics tools including Splunk to make sense of machine data for hunt and IR missions.
- Collect intrusion artifacts and use discovered data to enable mitigation of badness within the enterprise.
- Track and document hunts and incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Write and publish reports (e.g. engagement reports) on incident findings.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related area of study. If no degree is held, candidates must have 7-9 years of hunt/incident response experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience using hunt/IR network technologies and industry-standard tools.
- Experience writing thorough cyber investigative reports detailing incident findings.
- Proficiency with analysis and characterization of cyber-attacks (Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK).
- Proficiency with common TCP/IP protocols, standard application layer protocols - HTTP, DNS, SSH, SMTP, SMB, etc., Wi-Fi networking, network topologies - DMZs, WAN’s, etc. with a demonstrated understanding of how they may be compromised or used in an attack.
- Substantial knowledge of Splunk (or other SIEM’s) and common network collection/forensic toolsets (Bro, Snort, Suricata, Wireshark, TCPDump/libpcap, Zeek, Gigamon).
- Ability to characterize and analyze network traffic to identify malicious activity and reconstruct attacks.
- This position will require U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- DoD 8140.01 IAT Level II, (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- IASAE II, (CASP+ CE, CISSP or Associate, CSSLP)
- CSSP Analyst, GCIA, GCIH, CSSP Analyst/CSSP Incident Responder, CEH - SANS GIAC GNFA
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service oriented and mission focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
IMPORTANT: This position is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring covered employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment. Prospective or new employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation. This request must be approved prior to the start of employment to the extent a reasonable accommodation is available that does not pose an undue hardship on phia or a direct threat to the candidate or phia’s employees.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Other jobs like this
Mid Level Incident Response AnalystActive Directory Automation C Clearance Clearance Required Firewall GCIH IDS Incident response Intrusion detection +13
401(k) matching Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Team events
Jr. Cyber Security AnalystIncident response Intrusion prevention IPS Monitoring Vulnerability management
401(k) matching Flex vacation Health care Insurance Startup environment +1
Competitive pay Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Account Executive, Cyber Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs