Senior Director, Site Reliability Engineering & DevSecOps
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite Us is seeking an Engineering leader to build and lead our emerging team of Site Reliability, DevOps, and Security & Compliance Engineers to design, deliver and support platforms powering our business. Reporting into the SVP, Information Management, you will lead a team responsible for providing quality, scalability, reliability, and stability of solutions for our growing business needs. This role also focuses on the development of a robust Security and Compliance process and practices. This role should embrace the concepts of zero-trust security and has experience in implementing DevSecOps practices that help improve the overall Site Reliability for the Unite Us technology assets. They will help improve organizational culture by implementing a set of capabilities that drive faster software delivery to market and secure organizational security and performance.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, automate, and operate our Cloud platforms and make them more reliable, stable, and scalable as our usage grows and technology transforms.
- Partner with development teams to enable and improve services through rigorous DevOps and release procedures that accelerate speed to market
- Develop and govern a strategy to build SRE practice with an emerging team of engineers. Initiate, influence, and drive SRE within technology organizations and work with product teams on operations and support models.
- Implement state of the art Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Architecture and tools to monitor our growing cloud infrastructure
- Develop a DevOps strategy, framework, tools, and implementation plan for frequent execution of CI / CD capabilities for all platforms and services.
- Transition and collaborate with leaders across Technology organizations to help drive adoption of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and modern DevOps and Release Management processes.
- Form cross-functional partnerships and work closely with engineers and product managers to identify productivity, production quality, and coverage issues, and provide insight on improving both through scale and tooling, creating an engineering culture within the organization.
- Define metrics around what it means for the system to be available and establish the availability Service Level Objective (SLO) of the system.
- Help improve our service observability. You will help improve our incident response and maintain operational excellence.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership role
- Proven record of team-level and functional transformation.
- A quality first mindset with a strong background and experience with developing products for a global audience at scale.
- Experience working and/or leading in an Agile environment.
- Ability to lead across geographically disparate organizations.
- Know how to use automation tools like Terraform, Jenkins, or Ansible
- Know how to implement SIEM Architecture.
- Experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux/Windows
- Ability to deploy new practices and tools to keep current with the industry.
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Hands-on experience with best practices in DevOps, Secured Application Development, and Containerization based Deployments
- Experience with AWS design, architecture, and services (EC2, IAM, S3, etc)
- Excellent analytical thinking and a strong focus on business outcomes
- Customer-oriented mindset, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with a strong ability to influence both IT and business partners.
- Scripting knowledge a plus (Python, Bash, Perl, PowerShell)
- Multiple Azure or AWS certifications
- Relevant industry certification a plus (CISSP, CCSP, CCNP, CCWP)
- Healthcare industry experience will be a plus but not necessary
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is Remote (US Based)
- This position requires no travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs