Security Operations Manager
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
DatacomLeverage Datacom's information technology consultants to unlock opportunities for your organisation. Learn about Australasia's largest homegrown tech company.
Here at Datacom, we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
This is an Internal Only Opportunity
Our Cyber Defence Operation Centre (CDOC) runs across Auckland, Wellington, and Brisbane from where we provide our full stack of cybersecurity managed services.
The CDOC is a well-established team made up of Cybersecurity Analysts, Engineers, Dev Engineers , and Incident Responders who have been managing customers, both commercial and government, for over 10+ years. We are a matured operational team that not only responds to security events, incidents, and triggers, but also hunts for anomalous, suspicious, and potentially unwanted activities within our customers environments.
We partner with industry leaders to provide our services and to provide broad technical skillsets, certifications, and experience.
About the Role
As our capability grows, we are on the hunt for a passionate cybersecurity professional who wants to step up into a leadership role within our CDOC.
As Manager - Security Operations Centre, you will be responsible for leading and managing a large team of IT Security professionals to plan, direct and control the SOC functions and operations. Ensure the monitoring and analysis of incidents to protect People, Technology and Process - addressing all security incidents and ensuring timely escalation. Direct the Cyber Intelligence capability to identify potential threats, delivering reports, approaches, and interventions to minimise the impact of the threat.
What you’ll do
- Leadership and management of the Security Operations Centre service delivery teams that include the 24/7 function, SOC, and Threat Intelligence functions
- Implement SOC strategies as part of wider Cyber Defence Operations Centre strategy
- Primarily responsible for directing security event monitoring, management, response and cyber threat intelligence
- Ensure use cases are developed and maintained based on threat management, threat modelling and cyber threat intelligence sources
- Ensuring incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
- Identify and implement standard operating procedures (SOP) and playbooks aligned to cybersecurity frameworks (such as NIST 800-61 rev2) for the SOC teams to follow
- Influence and improve existing processes through innovation and operational change, identifying areas for orchestration and automation to bring efficiencies and quality in the delivery of our services
- Establish operational foundations, defining metrics and KPIs to drive governance, quality, and efficiency
- Implement, measure, and improve key SOC SLA metrics such as Mean Time to Detect (MTTD) and Mean Time to Respond (MTTR)
- Creation of internal and customer reports and dashboards to track SOC metrics and SLAs and continually demonstrate service value to customers
- Develop and maintain an educational environment where the knowledge and performance of the group is constantly advancing
- Grow the scale of the team; develop and mentor staff through open communication, training and development opportunities, and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation
- Advise management on security issues, including legislation and adoption of new security technologies
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- A genuine passion for Cyber Security including ability and willingness to learn, self-manage, be proactive, and demonstrate empathy towards fellow team members, customers, and stakeholders during Incident Response engagements.
- Confidence in communicating with a variety of stakeholders, including Senior Management in difficult / tense situations.
- A deep understanding of the tools, techniques, and procedures that encompass the entire Cybersecurity Operational Framework and demonstrated understanding of Information Security principles and practices.
- Advanced technical knowledge in the field of IT architecture.
- Ability to build and lead collaborative teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify and influence stakeholders at all levels to reach the desired outcome, enabling them to work effectively in complex environments.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing, and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
If you are keen to be part of a great team, please apply online! All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Due to the Nature of the Clients you will be working with you will need to be an NZ Citizen/Permanent Resident and have the ability to pass additional security clearances which will require you to have lived in a 5 eyes country for the last 5 years. We do however consider work visas for other opportunities across Datacom so please keep an eye on our careers page for any roles of interest.
Datacom is committed to the health and safety of its people and the wider community. Based on our site access requirements for this role, and/or potential customer site and customer’s vaccination requirements which are constantly developing, the successful applicant will need to be able produce evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or a valid exemption. Datacom will consider whether any accommodations can be made for candidates who are partially vaccinated (with remaining vaccine doses booked), or who are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and hold a valid exemption.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs