Staff Software Security Engineer
Remote US, Remote Canada
CircleCIGet the best continuous integration and delivery for any platform, in our cloud or on your own infrastructure.
CircleCI is looking for an experienced full stack developer to join our team. The Security team is a highly-distributed team that’s building a paved security path so our team of roughly 200 engineers can ensure our infrastructure provides value to legitimate customers. You'll write sustainable, resilient code as part of an engineering organization that values teamwork, trust, and learning.
In this role, you'll be part of a team at the heart of CircleCI’s business that's responsible for build environments used by thousands of development teams every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Share rotating on-call duties for our incident response.
- Contribute to building the standard methodologies of a growing team and organization.
- Be a leader in educating peers across the organization on security issues.
- Contribute to internal and external security outreach programs, including writing blog posts and leading workshops.
- Respond to reports from security researchers and lead the coordination of remediation efforts.
- Collaborate with the Security team and partners to prioritize, project manage and report out on various projects.
- Collaborate to build tooling and processes to support the engineering organization in the creation of secure and robust software
- Take leadership on particularly critical code reviews in multiple code languages
We’re seeking someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, is curious and interested in learning, brings strong communication and teamwork skills, and helps others grow by sharing their expertise and encouragement.
Below you can find a list of skills and practices we value in candidates - you don’t need to be experienced in all of them to apply!
- Security mentality
- Web penetration testing and OWASP Top 10 experience
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices. You write functional code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable.
- Ability to manage customer demands and collaborate with internal partners of various level and expertise to solve them
- ~5 years of development experience with distributed systems
- Pair programming, both synchronous and asynchronous
- Experience with agile software development practices, focusing on incremental delivery of value. Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage the ambiguity of a rapidly-growing company: adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when guidance is limited and information is incomplete, and instituting standard methodologies from scratch when needed.
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Calm in a fast paced environment
CircleCI Engineering Career Growth System:
This role equals level E4 on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectations for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Colorado Salary Range: $144,500 - $170,000/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs