Cybersecurity Operations Advisor
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
DatacomLeverage Datacom's information technology consultants to unlock opportunities for your organisation. Learn about Australasia's largest homegrown tech company.
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
With the ever-emerging threat on IT systems it is imperative Datacom continue to grow our Cyber practice. Are you interested in honing and developing your current skillset in Cybersecurity?
Are you passionate about learning Cyber Security technologies and want to be integral to the Datacom team? Your key attributes will be;
- Ability to engage with different, people, processes and technologies
- May be comfortable in front of a customer in either technical delivery of consulting
- Always seeking improvement in themselves and within aspects of delivery
- Open-mindedness and the ability to be provided with risk mitigation options from various stakeholders
- Able to see the bigger picture and understands the concept that a risk can be mitigated various ways through various methods
- Able to work independently or part of a team, share knowledge
About the Role
As Cybersecurity Operations Advisor your role is to act as the subject matter expert and thought leader in establishing, Governance, Risk & Compliance activities with an element of security engineering within Datacom. You will be accountable for providing support and advice to senior management on security measures required to ensure that information stored, processed, or communicated by our client’s information systems and services is protected without creating unnecessary administrative or other barriers. This role demands that incumbents uphold high levels of trust, integrity and responsibility. You will provide support and forthright, independent and impartial advice.
What you’ll do
As Cybersecurity Operations Advisor, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Identify, develop and implement Security processes, standards and policies
- Work closely with our internal business units to ensure the application of security controls that meet Datacom and business requirements, and align to the Datacom Information Security Plan
- Work closely with our internal business units and clients to ensure adherence to Information Security Manual (ISM) and The Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF)
- On-going auditing, monitoring and improvement of security controls
- ISO27K framework and knowledge of building and running an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Providing guidance, education and training to ensure adherence and compliance (people, processes and technology).
- PCI-DSS compliance governance and advise
What you’ll bring
You will have strong experience as a Cybersecurity Advisor in a large organisation, and a sound understanding of information security principles, governance, polices and standards. You will also understand relevant standards and frameworks such as ISO27001, ISO31000, NIST, ISM, and PSPF. Ideally you will have had experience in developing and administering an information security program. You will have the technical knowledge to make informed decisions about business risks from vulnerabilities and knowledge of cybersecurity policy subject matter.
Ideally, you will be industry certified or working towards CISSP, CISM, MS or equivalent certifications.
Plus detailed knowledge of agency specific and Australian Government protective security policy, principles and minimum standards, and be provided with opportunity to maintain this knowledge.
Please note that to be successful in this role you will need to be an Australian Citizen, and be eligible for Baseline/ NV1 Security Clearance.
Datacom is ones of ANZs largest suppliers of Information Technology professional services. As an ANZ company, we have managed to maintain a dynamic, agile, small business feel that is often diluted in larger organisations of our size. It's our people that give Datacom its unique culture and energy that you can feel from the moment you meet with us.
At Datacom you'll be recognised and valued for your contributions. We're growing year on year and can provide stability, career opportunity and a collegial, agile, flat-structured environment that empowers people and promotes autonomy. We care about our people and provide a range of perks such as social events, chill-out spaces, a gaming zone, remote working, flexi-hours, professional development courses and health insurance to name a few. We operate at the leading edge of technology to help ANZ’s largest enterprise organisations explore possibilities and solve their greatest challenges, so you will never run out of interesting new challenges and opportunities.
If you would like to know more and this sounds like you. Please apply online today!
Datacom is committed to the health and safety of its people and the wider community. Based on our site access requirements for this role, and/or potential customer site and customer’s vaccination requirements which are constantly developing, the successful applicant will need to be able produce evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or a valid exemption. Datacom will consider whether any accommodations can be made for candidates who are partially vaccinated (with remaining vaccine doses booked), or who are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and hold a valid exemption.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs