IT Policy, Governance, and Compliance Analyst
Ann Arbor, MI
Applications have closed
How to Apply
To be considered, a cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be the leading page of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position and
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Starting salaries will vary depending upon the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Information and Technology Services (ITS) is looking for an IT Policy, Governance, and Compliance Analyst to join the Information Assurance department within Information and Technology Services (ITS).
The role will be a part of the team responsible for all aspects of the development, implementation, review and revision of U-M IT policies and standards. In addition, the role will engage in developing and supporting processes, procedures, and tools related to the university's data governance framework. Finally, the IT Policy, Governance, and Compliance Analyst will be a member of the university’s privacy office supporting U-M’s privacy program
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Privacy and IT Policy.
Who We Are
ITS supports U-M faculty, researchers, staff, and students in their use of technology to teach, learn, research, and work, and be leaders in their fields. We are dedicated to creating cohesive digital experiences and enabling university wide innovations by:
- Elevating the customer experience by providing proactive, laser focused customer service
- Providing appropriate IT security and privacy in an open university society, while enabling innovation
- Supporting data-informed decision making
- Delivering intuitive research computing solutions
- Building a world-class, transformational network and reliable administrative systems
In addition, we value those that proactively solve challenges, work with a sense of urgency, and seek a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
ITS’s mission is to be trusted enablers of technology for the U-M community. ITS works together to provide cohesive digital experiences and seamless support to the U-M community. To learn more, visit: https://its.umich.edu.
- Operates with a high degree of independence on requirements gathering and stakeholder engagement during development, implementation, and maintenance of IT policies and standards, and data governance tools, processes and procedures.
- Employs a risk-based, pragmatic approach to IT policy and data governance, and works collaboratively to remove barriers and resolve challenges.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across the university in assessing IT policy, privacy and data governance needs and utilizes original research, regulatory and best practice analysis, and benchmarking data from peer institutions to recommend solutions.
- Supports the IT policy, privacy, and data governance roadmaps to help prioritize work and increase value to the U-M community.
- Works closely with the Assistant Director of Privacy and IT Policy, Information Assurance team members, ITS, and Unit IT staff to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and ensure cohesiveness and continuity of Information Assurance efforts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Normal amount of sitting, average mobility to move around an office environment; able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer; travel to various locations on and off campus. Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required. May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
Skills You Have
You are energized by working with a collaborative team and industry peers to support the university mission through innovative and appropriate use of technology. You seek understanding and to tackle projects and problems with your customers’ needs in mind. You anticipate problems and work proactively to preempt challenges and concerns. You value a culture that is rooted in mutual respect, where you can learn from different perspectives, roles, and identities.
You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and at least 3 years of experience in Information Technology, Policy Development, Privacy, Compliance, Data Governance, or Audit.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Information Technology, Policy Development, Privacy, Compliance, Data Governance, or Audit.
- Experience developing policies, processes and guidelines based on best practices and industry standards.
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude for understanding and explaining complex technical, business, and legal concepts.
- Proven ability to prioritize and efficiently organize tasks and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience with presenting in front of diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Degree in public policy, data science, or law.
- Work experience in higher education or state/local government.
- Understanding of common IT security and privacy standards and regulations (e.g., GDPR, FERPA, HIPAA, FISMA, etc.).
- Knowledge of developments in the areas of IT policy, privacy, data governance, etc.
- Experience with policy development and dissemination.
- Experience with data governance.
- Experience performing compliance audits or assessments.
This position will be filled at the Intermediate Analyst level salary range of $63,500 - $70,555 as the primary goal. The requirements listed below reflect the Intermediate level expectation. Applicants with lesser experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered if the primary goal is not met. Lesser-experienced candidates will be reviewed at an Associate Analyst salary range of $54,693 - $60,770.
**Note: This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) appointment.**
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Account Executive, Cyber Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs