Security Operations Engineer - Remote
Reciprocity is shaping the future of Information Security with our modern SaaS approach to enable easy risk, audit, and security relationship management. The market is growing fast and will be a $1T market by 2025. With our great product, 100s of brand-name customers, solid funding, and our impressive exec team, we have the confidence to be a software juggernaut for years to come.
Exciting companies share a standard set of traits: large growing markets, disruptive technologies, kick-A teams, and a focus on a future state that’s infinitely better than the current state. If this excites you, look no further.
Our collaborative team is comprised of smart and driven people with diverse interests. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly, striking a healthy work-life balance, and cultivating an open and supportive working environment. If you’re mission-driven, excited to solve tough problems, care deeply about values, and are a strong team player, keep reading, and hopefully, you can jump on this rocketship with us.
We are looking for a qualified SecOps Engineer to join our InfoSec team. As our first SecOps Engineer, you will work closely with our CISO, IT, Compliance, and Engineering teams to participate in building, operating, and maintaining our security solutions across Reciprocity’s corporate and product infrastructure. This role will involve developing the building blocks to secure Reciprocity’s platforms for our growing customer base and provide security in compliance with global laws, regulations, and compliance certifications. This is a hands-on role.
As a member of the InfoSec Team, you’ll be continuously attacking and defending Reciprocity’s cloud environments and IT infrastructure to ensure the best security for our data, systems, customers, and employees. Our team consists of forward-thinking individuals who want to disrupt the traditional mold through progressive design, automation, and system implementation practices. We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. Our team is fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, thinking out of the box, building what’s next, and reinventing how our customers think about governance, risk, and compliance.
We need people who are self-motivated, have a strong desire to learn, a can-do attitude, tenacity to solve problems, team players, and results focused.
What you will get to do:
- Planning, selecting, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures and tools for the protection of the organization's data, systems, and infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Leading Incident Response for all system and/or network security incidents.
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls and technology.
- Utilize tools for threat hunting and vulnerability management across the organization.
- Participating in the change management process and security reviews.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Work cross functionally to design, implement, and maintain SecOps controls to align with Compliance requirements.
What we are looking for:
- 5-7 years of work experience with security operations, system administration, vulnerability management, incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Experience with NIST 800-53/FedRAMP, ISO 27001, SOC2 controls implementation.
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, Splunk, Google Workspace, and Crowdstrike.
- Experience hardening infrastructure, including Containers.
- Proficiency in programming and/or scripting: Python, Java, Ruby, Node, and/or Shell.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think outside the box to meet organizational requirements.
- Awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
Have the freedom of a work life balance while working 100% remote. At Reciprocity we are collaborating online and connecting over video, as we continue to deliver high quality technology solutions to our customers and a high quality career experience to our team members.
- Highly competitive salary and equity (we want everyone to be a stakeholder)
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, wellness, cell phone reimbursement, etc.)
- Flexible/unlimited PTO, paid sick days, 13 paid holidays
- Collaborating with an incredible team that GSD
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
We value a diverse environment. Reciprocity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs