Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Novetta is seeking a highly motivated System Security Officer (ISSO) looking for hands-on experience and an opportunity for career growth. This role is in support of multiple, force protection systems involving Microsoft, Linux, and Virtualized (VMware) services. Working as part of a team, the ideal candidate will facilitate compliance with NIST’s Risk Management Framework, SP 800-53 security controls, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
- Identify, Select, and Implement applicable security controls for various operating systems and applications IAW NIST SP 800-37, Risk Management Framework.
- Develop and maintain bodies of evidence (BOE) for managed information systems, custom application, services, and networks.
- Develop and disseminate system security policies, processes, and likewise governing products in service of maintaining a low operational risk picture.
- Conduct internal vulnerability assessments and facilitate external Audits.
- Coordinate security-related tasks and activities across other functional areas E.g. Program Management, Engineering, Software Development, etc.
- Produce documentation in response to, and satisfaction of information security requirements.
- Develop full ATO Packages and ATO supporting documentation. Examples are: SSPs, RARs, POA&Ms, SCTMs, RTMs, SLCMs, SARs, Certification Test Reports, Briefings, and Training products. Assist in a secure change management process and related Change Control Boards (CCB).
- 5+ years of experience producing IAT-Related documentation and governance materials.
- 1+ years of experience conducting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) using Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities; across all 6 steps.
- 1+ years experience administering Windows, Linux, VMWare, and/or Cisco network devices.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- BA/BS/MS degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or equivalent IT certified experience.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with Nessus/ACAS and HBSS/McAfee ePo.
- Understanding of classified networks, systems, and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with non-traditional IT (Example - Small, purpose-built computers and/or networked sensor equipment is a Plus.)
- Possess and maintain DoD 8570.1 IAT/IAM Level 2 Certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or comparable.
- Certifications: MCSE, Linux+, CEH, CHFI, OCSP.
- Experience with eMass, XACTA
- Experience with Agile, Scrum
- Secret security clearance required
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The health and safety of our employees is a priority for Novetta.
Please be aware that Novetta requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Novetta will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs