Cybersecurity Operations Manager
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
DatacomLeverage Datacom's information technology consultants to unlock opportunities for your organisation. Learn about Australasia's largest homegrown tech company.
Here at Datacom, we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the Role
As the Cybersecurity Operations Manager, you will work with a growing national consulting and advisory team to support a large government organisation provide leadership, guidance and coaching to ensure skills uplift within the immediate team and assist in creating a security and privacy aware culture within the organisation.
As Cybersecurity Operations Manager, you will be responsible for a range of activities from simple and straight forward through to more technically complex work, often with limited direction. You will however be supported by a technically adept, skilled, and experienced global team while being accountable for documenting the risks and security controls for current-state and target-state solutions that help drive the modernisation agenda.
You will be part of a growing national team and have the opportunity to identify areas you enjoy working in and areas you’d like to be more challenged in, from public sector to private, industry vertical and even domain specific.
What you’ll do
As a Cybersecurity Operations Manager, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- You will bring exceptional people management and leadership skills, with the ability to effectively problem solve and negotiate
- You will also be able to effectively convey politically and culturally sensitive information of a complex nature to a diverse audience
- Recording Cybersecurity current state and providing appropriate advice to support improvements to the organisation’s cybersecurity posture
- Evaluating and making recommendations on the organisation's Cybersecurity architecture, including new security solutions, and providing implementation teams guidance to minimise interruption to services
- Assist with the development and/or review of Cybersecurity Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls
- Assist with the development and/or review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks
- Identifying business risks/ vulnerabilities and suggesting enhancements to existing security products
- Identifying security requirements for new applications and other software products
- Liaising with other business units in the identification of controls and preparation of reports to management on security incidents
- Consulting with clients in the development, deployment, documentation and management of security policies, procedures, standards, and strategies
- Assisting with security awareness training programs
- Providing expertise and input on emerging security technologies, issues, and directions
- Supporting and assisting with related organisational changes and activities that are required as an outcome of business improvement activities
- Work closely with our internal business units and clients to ensure adherence to Information Security Manual (ISM) and The Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF)
- On-going auditing, monitoring and improvement of security controls.
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
You will bring at least 5 years Cybersecurity experience, ideally from within a managed service provider. You will possess a strong understanding of ICT security policy in both government and commercial settings and will bring a background in large and complex projects. Specifically, you will have a strong command of the federal government standards and controls from the Information Security Manual (ISM) and more broadly the PSPF. You will be passionate about Cybersecurity and driven to making a customer’s environment safe and secure. You will be a quick learner, self-driven and have exceptional communication and analytical skills. You are a team player, who is dedicated to both self-improvement and improvement of the wider Datacom community.
Culture and Benefits
Datacom is ones of ANZs largest suppliers of Information Technology professional services. As an ANZ company, we have managed to maintain a dynamic, agile, small business feel that is often diluted in larger organisations of our size. It's our people that give Datacom its unique culture and energy that you can feel from the moment you meet with us.
At Datacom you'll be recognised and valued for your contributions. We're growing year on year and can provide stability, career opportunity and a collegial, agile, flat-structured environment that empowers people and promotes autonomy. We care about our people and provide a range of perks such as social events, chill-out spaces, a gaming zone, remote working, flexi-hours, professional development courses and health insurance to name a few. We operate at the leading edge of technology to help ANZ’s largest enterprise organisations explore possibilities and solve their greatest challenges, so you will never run out of interesting new challenges and opportunities.
If you would like to know more and this sounds like you. Please apply online today!
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs