Hardware Engineering Manager, Security Engineering (Key Operations)
Remote - Ireland
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Security Engineering Key Operations team plays a critical part in ensuring Coinbase securely manages digital assets. This team plays a critical role in the operations and coordination relating to digital asset infrastructure.
As the Hardware Engineering Manager, you will play a critical role in force multiplying the effectiveness of our key operations. You will help bring structure and process around our global and distributed key operations. Your team will be responsible for building the hardware platform helping secure the digital asset infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing (i.e. job duties):
- Creating and optimizing the operational process around key management to ensure security and success.
- Staying up to date with Hardware Security Modules (HSM) within the industry, validating and deploying into our key management infrastructure.
- Coach hardware engineers on your team and help them find fulfilling growth paths.
- Enable your team to ship critical hardware projects relating to digital asset infrastructure.
- Enable your team to break down sophisticated projects into smaller pieces and iterate on their design and implementation.
- Work with the talent team to build your team.
- Create a positive energy work environment where engineers from all backgrounds can do their best work.
- Setting and maintaining Service Level Agreements, Reliability metrics and on-call rotations for the systems the team owns.
- Work closely with Security, Engineering and Product across Coinbase to create strategies for improving the way customers interact with digital asset infrastructure.
- Project and capacity planning.
What we look for in you:
- Multiple, real world examples of successes and failures as a Manager, and be ready to share what you learned.
- Experience attracting, retaining and developing phenomenal talent on your team.
- Experience working on engineering teams that service other engineering teams.
- Strong written and verbal communicator, and an even better listener.
- Proven ability to coach your team through in managing ambiguity, holding themselves accountable and building what customers want.
- Experience enabling a team to ship complex and multi-quarter projects successfully.
- Experience working in a critical path software environment.
Nice to haves:
- Building hardware security modules for creating or storing digital keys used for digital signatures.
- Strong opinions on key management software design.
- Experience being a risk manager.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Familiarity with working in rapid growth environments.
- Experience in working in a hardware and software environment with physical inventory management dependencies.
- Experience in Golang, object-oriented programming languages and Docker.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs