Security Researcher, Security R&D
London, Tel Aviv, Zurich, Sweden, Germany, or remote
We’re looking for an experienced Security Researcher to join Snyk’s Security Labs team and take part in leading research projects in Open Source libraries, SAST, Containers and Infrastructure as Code domains and products.
We’re proud of our industry-leading vulnerability database – it is the engine that powers our products. So far we’ve focussed on combining a growing automated pipeline tool with the hard work of our smart, driven security analysts, and our own research, which you’ll help us grow.
You’ll spend most of your time:
- Identifying new and open research questions that we’re especially well equipped to tackle.
- Researching and discovering vulnerabilities (0-days), conducting PoCs and participating in blog post writeups. See SourMint, Zip Slip and VS Code as an example.
- Building innovative, hi-scale infrastructure for automatic vulnerabilities hunting.
- Providing domain guidance and expertise to other teams, and collaborating with them to enhance the security offering provided by the various Snyk products.
- Working directly with leading open source maintainers to disclose new security issues and help secure their products.
- Maintaining your knowledge in a specialized area of research, through engaging with the broader security community, attending meetups and conferences, and reading widely.
You’ll join our collaborative and friendly security labs team. We encourage all engineers to write company blog posts about their work and accomplishments, and to deliver presentations to the technical community. We’ll support you to present your research at security working groups, conferences, and in publications.
As the company and team grow, you'll have the opportunity to build and grow the security labs team, scaling up as our company hits its next stage of growth.
You should apply if:
- You enjoy hunting for security vulnerabilities through the wilds of open source software security.
- You have experience in the application security field, including a good understanding of major vulnerabilities like XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, Deserialization, RCE and so on.
- You communicate proactively and speak fluent English.
- You have hands-on software development experience.
- You have basic knowledge of static and dynamic application security testing (SAST and DAST).
- You’re passionate about security and want to contribute to the community.
We'd love to hear from you - please apply below!
We value diversity at Snyk, and we particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech and security. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, please do apply anyway - we would love to hear from you.
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs