Cloud Security Engineer/Architect
Are you obsessed with combatting security threats? Are you able to analyze, document, and architect alternative security solutions? Can you challenge, prototype and present your findings to Stakeholders? If you have answered yes, then you might be Fivesky’s next Cloud Security Architect.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of application, data or infrastructure security with at least the last 1 year of architecting security solutions.
- 6+ years of hands-on knowledge of securing SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS making recommendations on how to best secure the technology within the cloud environment.
- Current tools, but not limited to, are Java, Python & React.
- Experience assessing if the current security protocols at an enterprise level are fit for purpose.
- Work closely with stakeholders and present a POA/documentation and security solutions
- Can speak to developers and poke holes in their rationale for their design, and develop frameworks and push automation
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
What you’ve done:
- Act as an SME when it involves AppSec, InfoSec or Infrastructure security, designing and architecting solutions for your organization.
- Collaborate with other teams involved in architecture design.
- Identify potential risks of projects, document and address those risks and work with other teams to resolve the issue.
What you will do:
- Be hands-on with application, technology risk management, or infrastructure security assignments.
- Consult with teams (Engineering/Development) advising on cloud security requirements and then document the implementation
- Inspect current security processes and offer recommendations to all levels within the organization up to the C Suite.
- Knowledge of secure network design, entitlement design, database access, authentication methods, logging, input validation, security testing, encryption implementation, secure storage design and data transfer.
It would be awesome if you had some security experience with some of this too:
- K8s and Cloud Foundry
- Dependency / Package management using Spring Boot
- Linux, Java, Python, React, Angular development skills
- Strong Jenkins, Spinnaker, and/or Terraform
- Metasploit, Nessus, Kali, Verodin, etc.
- OAuth2, OpenID, SAML
- Network security technologies
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Houston TX, or Columbus OH, DC or NYC. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs