CISO / VP, Information Security
Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies and maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, and close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, Seattle, and a team in the UK, and welcome employees who want to work remotely. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the role:
Demandbase is looking for a VP-level Information Security Officer to join the senior leadership team reporting to our CFO. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a cross functional team of security professionals working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing a security charter, vision and strategy for one of the most innovative and progressive B2B marketing and advertising companies.
We're looking for proven leadership success with experience in the enterprise SaaS space with deep expertise in building products at scale. We’re looking for an inspirational leader who is able to effectively navigate an organization, lead/mentor/coach/retain talent, and have high visibility across all parts of the company.
What you'll be doing:
- Evolve and drive Demandbase's information security strategy across our products, corporate IT systems and third party SaaS applications.
- Lead and manage a global team of security professionals with expertise in engineers, operations and risk management.
- Define and manage a global company-wide information security governance and IT risk management program.
- Create quarterly, annual and long-term security and IT risk management goals, articulate strategies, define metrics, and provide necessary updates to executive leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Drive technology compliance and certifications efforts while working closely with our enterprise risk, legal and compliance function.
- Partner with legal, engineering and infrastructure to drive privacy requirements in engineering and infrastructure activities.
- Be the visible face of Demandbase security as a highly credible voice working with customers, partners, and other stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- 12+ years of security experience with 5+ years of leadership experience at the executive level including experience as VP of Security or CISO; strong preference given to experience in growth stage software companies
- Experience driving Information Security for cloud offerings at scale
- Experience driving forward compliance and certification programs such as ISO, GDPR, SOX, SOC II and other related compliance frameworks.
- Ability to identify, attract, hire, develop, and retain the best security professionals needed to staff a world class organization and ensure they have the vision, plan, support, and culture in place to accelerate the business.
- Subject matter expert on the threat landscape and state-of-the-art protection strategies and products; subject matter expert on product security and development practices and features for developing secure software and cloud services
- Demonstrated ability to build successful information security and risk management programs.
- Ability to build and drive the information security roadmap and strategy, while also getting involved and helping with the hands-on, day to day activities.
- Proven ability to be a visionary by creating or adopting new strategies that take into consideration the changing landscape of Governance, Security and Compliance.
- Strong public speaking skills to represent our capabilities both externally and internally at Demandbase.
- Certification as a Certified Information Security Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO) preferred.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field preferred.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic, the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) and an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, and close the accounts that matter. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, and others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs