Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
STR has an exciting opportunity for an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to function as a key contributor for the Cybersecurity Compliance team. In this dynamic position you will interface and collaborate with Cybersecurity & Information Technology teams on NIST compliance and configuration change management.
- Review/manage various IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) (i.e., US-CERT, etc.) and overall remediation.
- Conduct both vulnerability and compliance scans of enterprise information systems.
- Support the development of RMF/CMMC documentation and control validation testing for Authority to Operate (ATO) accreditations.
- Support the development of cybersecurity requirements, design, and architecture.
- Implement Information Assurance and Information Security protections and requirements in program development and execution environments.
- Implement required security controls of networking devices, databases, operating systems, and hardware and software components.
- Collaborate with program and engineering disciplines and ensuring cybersecurity solution alternatives.
- Assist Cybersecurity Manager and ISSM’s in monitoring and resolving Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to mitigate system vulnerabilities.
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
In response to Executive Order 14042 and accompanying Task Force Guidance, all STR employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by STR.
- 5+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, development, and implementation.
- Experience with SP800-171, NIST SP 800-171A and NIST SP800-53 control implementation and assessment.
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
- Experience with managing and implementing DISA (STIGs) and CIS Benchmarks.
- Experience with various IA vulnerability/compliance scanning tools (e.g., NMap, ACAS, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Strong technical background with a variety of information security systems and tools including vulnerability management, anti-virus/malware, data loss prevention, and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) patching and software package deployment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and DISA Secure Host Baseline Framework
- Support hardening of new builds of Information Systems (IS) and ensure full functionality before deployment
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripting.
- Familiarity with the National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DCSA Authorization and Assessment Process Manual (DAAPM), and the Joint Special Access Implementation Guide (JSIG).
- Experience with configuration/certification and auditing/analysis of Windows/Linux operating systems and system virtualization in Peer-to-peer, LAN & WAN networks.
- DoD 8570 IAM Level III certification (CISA, CISM, CISSP, etc.) or the ability to obtain within 6 months upon being hired.
- Currently holding an active Secret clearance is preferred with the ability/willingness to be submitted and obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs