Lead Cyber Security Engineer - DevSecOps & Compliance
Remote, US, DE, UK
We support remote work anywhere in US, DE, and UK and provide assistance if you want to relocate to Boston or Berlin.
The Role: Lead Cyber Security Engineer - DevSecOps & Compliance
Apply your cyber security skills on the fastest growing climate technology of our time – hydrogen. Join LIFTE's rapidly growing international team and make a difference where climate meets tech.
We offer competitive pay, flexible working conditions, stock options, and other great benefits. We are looking for the best who share our passion in energy and climate technologies and want to innovate in the hardest-to-decarbonize sectors.
The Lead Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for securing LIFTE’s digital solutions, including web & mobile applications built on React, React Native, AWS Amplify’s full-stack serverless architecture, and IoT edge devices. You will integrate and automate security in all our digital products & services used across the whole hydrogen infrastructure value chain around the globe. You will have the opportunity to lead and grow the cyber security team in a company creating supply-chain innovation to fundamentally change how the hydrogen industry is growing to meet the world’s energy demand.
The Lead Cyber Security Engineer will be passionate and customer obsessed, with a blend of business, technical, project and people management skills. You will work with digital and physical equipment, technology providers, nationally recognized testing laboratories, codes and standards organizations, and LIFTE’s cross-functional teams to help develop and deliver robust state of the art security for hydrogen solutions and supply chains.
The Lead Cyber Security Engineer will report to the Head of Digital Products & Services.
- You will develop and integrate security solutions and architectures into LIFTE’s digital applications from equipment to user
- You will oversee the day-to-day operational security of LIFTE’s applications, and work with external auditors on achieving SOC and ISO compliance
- You will work directly with a team of software engineers, and create your own plan on how you want to grow the cyber security team to meet the rapidly growing demand for securing hydrogen infrastructure
- You are responsible for the security, integrity, and privacy of LIFTE’s applications for deployments to harsh environments and office workers alike
- You will set and own the digital team’s security standards and templates for creating secure products & services
- You will work with LIFTE’s Head of Digital and COO to ensure continuous compliance, security, and privacy are delivered to our users at all times
- You will be actively engaged in developing the cyber security products & services roadmap
- You will implement security monitoring systems and use analytics to make data-driven decisions on improving LIFTE’s and our users’ security practices
- Domestic travel at 10% with occasional international travel required
- Position is based in Boston, Massachusetts or Berlin, Germany
- Hybrid working model with one day in office per week
- US visa and green card sponsorship based on mutual agreement
Extremely Competitive Benefits Program
- Incentive Stock Options
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonuses
- 401K plan with company match
- Industry leading healthcare coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Generous time away, including 5 weeks paid vacation for all, regardless of seniority
- Sick Time
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 6 Holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonuses
- Stock options possible
- Betriebliche Altersvorsorge
- Travel, health, and accident insurance
- Competitive and environmentally friendly mobility options paid for by employer
- Family friendly policies
What Experience & Education is Required?
- For US: Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis. LIFTE H2 participates in e-Verify.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree with a solid understanding of cloud, application, network, and device security required.
- CISSP, CISM, and SANS qualifications greatly preferred.
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty greatly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with software or IoT application security as a security engineer and at least 1 year of experience working with applications built with React or React Native.
- Must have 2+ years of experience working with AWS serverless services in production. Experience with AWS Amplify, AppSync, DynamoDB, Kinesis is greatly preferred.
- Prior experience with industrial sensors, wearable devices, vehicle interfaces, and wireless communication protocols greatly preferred.
- Working knowledge with NIST CSF and applying NIST standards to energy infrastructure preferred.
- Prior experience with compliance and audit preferred.
- Prior experience with obtaining SOC 2, ISO 27001, and GDPR compliance greatly preferred.
What Skills are Necessary for Success?
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Fast learning and critical thinking
- Overcommunication and transparency
- Patience to read and extract knowledge from complex requirements
What Qualities are We Looking for?
- Passion: your passion is incorporated in what you do and drives your progress.
- Servant leadership: constant focus on how your work can serve the needs of others.
- A focus on excellence: your work is error-free and complete.
- Good judgment: your recommendations are sound.
- High integrity: do the right thing, especially when no one is looking.
- Community builder: we like each other and want you to be a contributing member of the LIFTE community in whichever way you are uniquely designed. Diversity of thought and approach is important to us.
About LIFTE H2 Inc.
The world needs a green electron and a green molecule for the deep decarbonization of society. Hydrogen is an enabler of increased renewable energy penetration and solves many challenges with logistics, electrical infrastructure build-out, and hard-to-decarbonize sectors such as heavy-duty mobility. Hydrogen for power generation, mobility, and storage is now an accepted reality in many use cases, but the capability to deliver credible infrastructure at scale remains nascent. LIFTE H2 Inc. is poised to accelerate the hydrogen economy through direct action, unparalleled capability, next-gen technology, and partnerships.
LIFTE is a 100% employee-owned company built from the leadership team of one of the world’s foremost hydrogen infrastructure multinational corporations, with a vision to accelerate deep decarbonization of society through the use of zero-emission hydrogen. LIFTE is solving the challenge of building supply chains that connect renewably generated hydrogen with customers where and when their operations demand it. We do this safely, at scale, reliably, and profitably.
LIFTE currently focuses on rail, marine, mining, and on-road heavy-duty market sectors. Expansion into power generation, industry, and distribution is part of our growth plan. The founding team uses next-generation technologies in compression, digital, distribution, and dispensing systems in partnership with the world’s leading hydrogen technology providers. LIFTE is a supply chain integrator, delivering project-level value to project financiers, public-private partnerships, and project developers worldwide.
LIFTE H2 cares as much about the path taken as the end result; the end never justifies the means. We are curious truth-seekers who do our best to do business in a way that brings love and respect to all the humans and environments around us. We work hard and are mission-focused, creating opportunities for ourselves and others around us. How we fulfill this mission is as important as the vision itself; LIFTE will show our customers, partners, and environment Love, Integrity, Fun, Truth, and Excellence in everything we do.
LIFTE offers very competitive pay, vacation, and benefits with stock options. We are headquartered in Boston, with a subsidiary in Berlin, and are on a rapid growth path that we hope you will consider joining! LIFTE H2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs