Cloud Security Engineer
Fully Remote (US)
MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are fully remote. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
What you’ll do 👀
- Architect and build secure solutions for problems such as just-in-time permissions management, deploy and release pipelines, and securing the software supply chain.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the SRE team by providing guidance on secure infrastructure-as-code and architecture reviews.
- Secure, harden, audit, and threat model current and new infrastructure being deployed to the cloud at MoonPay.
- Participate in and support the incident detection and response process by building observability and alerting where required and assisting the incident response team.
You should apply if ✅
- You have hands-on experience securing a cloud platform like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, and familiarity with tools such as AWS Security Hub and the Google Cloud Security Command Center.
- You have experience working with and securing containers and related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Nomad.
- You have deployed secure infrastructure-as-code using tools like Hashicorp's Packer and Terraform.
- You have experience working with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack.
- You are comfortable explaining technical concepts like vulnerabilities and discussing effective mitigations.
- You are self-motivated, can work effectively in a remote setting while maintaining a team-focused mindset.
Bonus Points if 🏆
- You have experience working in a regulated industry.
- You have strong systems administration skills, know the difference between a container and a VM, and know your way around a Linux terminal.
- You have completed or are in the process of completing security certifications such as Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Google Professional Cloud Architect, GIAC GCLD, .etc.
- You contribute to the security community in open source, by participating in CTFs, or giving talks at local information security conferences.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (20-30 minutes)
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Remote take-home task (role dependent)
- Final interview (2 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Home office equipment allowance of $600 USD (or local equivalent) 🪑
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
- Annual company retreat 🧘♀️
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs