Security Engineer (Contract)
BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
The Security Engineer will develop solutions to detect and counter both internal and external threats to BitMEX's data, brand, intellectual property (IP) and people. They will provide procedural expertise on a day-to-day basis and will be responsible for building and managing security-related infrastructures based on AWS + Kubernetes/Docker using Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform) principles.
- Lead the development and implementation of automated log collectors across various platforms to help detect abuse and data exfiltration.
- Enhance our brand infringement program, framework and tooling, and identify areas to be streamlined and automated.
- 5+ years experience designing and building (custom) security tooling that supports security operations.
- Solid experience in using AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, and RDS.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform) to build and manage infrastructures within AWS.
- Solid development experience in Python.
- Exposure to programming, scripting and query languages such as Golang, bash, SQL.
- Experience writing high-fidelity SIEM rules in Splunk.
- Experience in designing and building log collector services that run in Docker containers (experience with Kubernetes and jsonnet is a plus).
- Exposure to writing tooling that interacts with REST APIs.
- Solid communications skills and skills at writing clear documentation.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs