HVC Security Analyst
Location: US - Remote / India - Remote
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
Looking for a Technical Account Manager with passion and experience in enabling and troubleshooting our Web Application Firewalls, Server Side Scanning and Backups. Knowledge of OWASP, CWE 25, Data protection, access management, website vulnerabilities, and best practices encouraged. You will be responsible for communicating with High Value Clients via ticket, slack, email, and skype where applicable. You will be in training to handle HVC tickets and learning the ins and outs of the HVC segment in addition to providing support to the Account Managers and Sales Consultants as necessary.
What you'll get to do...
- Detection & Analysis: Verification of outdated software, plugins and other components that could compromise the site/environment, securing mixed http content.
- Configure sites to be behind HTTPS and Firewall. We also test the site's availability and integrity after the process to assess uptime and site functionality post Firewall set up.
- Assist customers with best practices of the Web Application Firewall and be available to give feedback to the Account Managers on the account where issues arise.
- Post-Incident Activity: Providing recommendations on how to prevent such issues in the future (password change, removal of local & old backups from the local environment, update software and others).
- Configuration and proficiency of DNS setup to set up and maintain Website Application Firewall.
- Read log files and see trends or issues both on our side and customer side to be able to assist in resolving them
- Ability to build strong relationships with both technical and non-technical customers to ensure proper communication to our HVC segment.
- Support Sales Consultants as needed in a sales engineer capacity, as well as provide support for new and existing Technical Account Managers in security roles and services.
- Work with the other HVC Technical Account Managers to make sure there is coverage for all shifts
- Monitor and maintain communication with HVC clients via slack and email
- Monitor tickets and troubleshoot issues that arise for HVC clients
- Maintain a high thumbs up rating on your tickets
Your experience should include...
- Experience working in a security analyst or similar type role.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business, or related field preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge/ ability of database management (SQL, MSSQL), performing log filter using AWK, SED and GREP.
- Linux experience – CLI and cPanel, hosting management systems- WHM and Plesk
- Experience with Apache, Nginx and other web servers
- Experience with WordPress, Joomla, Magento, vBulletin and other CMS's
- You will bring a background of how DNS, FTP/SFTP, SSL/TLS, DDoS mitigation, Website Cache, log management, reverse proxies, web, firewalls, CDNs, and the Internet work
- Strong communications skills, ticket-focused customer support with aptitude for providing excellent service
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs