Security Engineer II - Operation
CredibleCredible is the best way to save money on refinancing student loans, private student loans and personal loans. Easily compare top lenders and find low rates in minutes.
Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced information security professional that will bring vision to the role and who has a strong background of partnering with other departments, primarily non-engineering teams, to develop secure practices. Ideally, you will have broad expertise in security standards, practices, tools and technologies applicable to online financial services that have extensive integrations with third party systems.
- Be an evangelist for security and promote a security conscious mindset throughout Credible
- Manage and fine tune the configuration of various security tools including both enterprise security focused such as EDR, DLP and cloud infrastructure security ones such as WAF, vulnerability management
- Assist system and infrastructure security programs including proactively identifying and evaluating system and infrastructure security vulnerabilities, designing solution and implementing tools to mitigate security risks in AWS network infrastructure, servers, containers
- Proactively review security events, logs and dashboard in the above security tools and aim to identify possible security vulnerabilities, threats, or incidents
- Triage and investigate security alerts generated in various security tools including SIEM, EDR, DLP, WAF or reported by internal and external users. Also, once in a few weeks, participate in level 1 rotation for security alert monitoring
- Improve security monitoring by searching for new and more sophisticated types of intrusions
- Participate in the incident response process and conduct forensic analysis when necessary
- Evaluate and secure the configuration of enterprise SaaS applications including collaboration suites, CRM applications, etc.
- Assist outbound and inbound third party security risk assessment including security questionnaires and technical security posture assessment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in information security
- Hands on experience in security systems and tools, including SIEM, firewalls, IDS, WAF, anti-virus software, EDR, DLP, authentication systems, and log management
- Technical knowledge of database, operating system and container security
- Familiarity with securing cloud environments (bonus points for securing Amazon Web Services!)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Threat hunting and vulnerability management experience is desired
Why work at Credible?
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs