Cyber Vulnerability Mitigation Analyst
Arlington, Virginia, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. Do you want to help protect our nation’s critical infrastructure? Do you have an analytical mind that wants to find technical solutions? A newly awarded contract has created an opportunity for a Cyber Vulnerability Mitigation Analyst. This is an excellent career opportunity to grow your career in the cybersecurity field.
What You'll Do
- Provide mitigation guidance and conduct, develop, and strengthen post-assessment vulnerability mitigation services.
- Identify emerging vulnerabilities and provide technical analysis in support of mitigation recommendations for subpoena requests.
- Conduct post-assessment services on stakeholder entities to mitigate identified vulnerabilities.
- Identify requirements needed to strengthen data sets and better inform products and services.
- Identify data gaps in reporting and opportunities for data acquisition.
Education + Experience
- A High school diploma is required.
- Analytic mindset with the ability to accurately assess data to find trends and gaps.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present findings to leadership.
- An understanding of how cybersecurity plays a role in information technology, e.g., attack surface, vulnerability coupling, etc.
- 2+ years of related experience in the cybersecurity field is desired.
- The ability to provide guidance around the MITRE ATT&CK framework to support assessment analysis.
Security Clearance Requirement
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust government clearance. Candidates must also obtain DHS EOD Suitability prior to starting employment.
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia-based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with a focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs