At Atomwise, we invented the first deep learning neural networks for structure-based small molecule drug discovery, and we’re currently deploying it in one of the largest applications of machine learning for life sciences. We work on Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, drug-resistant antibiotics, and other diseases. We’ve partnered with 4 of the top-10 US pharma companies, raised over $175M from top VCs, and have 100+ diverse projects currently running.
We are hiring a DevSecOps Engineer to join our small but growing Engineering Team. As a DevSecOps Engineer you will provide leadership in the automation of security as a first-class citizen in Atomwise’s infrastructure. This would include implementation of Zero Trust security and Single Sign-On, as well as providing tools and automation to the Infrastructure team to integrate Security directly into our systems and processes. You will assist in developing an automated security framework for robust deployment tools and processes, leveraging various scripting languages and open source solutions. We currently heavily leverage Kubernetes in our systems, so familiarity with automating security within that environment will be a plus.
What you will bring:
- Experience with DevOps Automation: Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Familiarity with API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS Policy, Configuration, and Security Management tools.
- Experience with security automation and machine learning.
- Prior experience (3-5 years) in a Production Engineering or related position.
- Experience working with Developers, DevOps, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment to promote/implement the DevSecOps program throughout the organization.
- Ability to review and analyze vulnerability data to identify security risks to the organization's network, infrastructure, and application's and determine any reported vulnerabilities that are false positives.
- Proficiency in Python Programming and Bash.
- Comprehension in the security areas of Key Management Systems, Certificate Management, Encryption, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Security and Monitoring tools, etc.
- Experience configuring, implementing and leveraging computer security and networking diagnostic/monitoring tools.
- Ability to work with APIs and Plugins to integrate security tools into established CI/CD pipelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience implementing security automation in Kubernetes.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- Strong emphasis on collaborative learning and career development
Atomwise is an equal opportunity employer and strives to foster an inclusive workplace. Our mission is to develop better medicines faster, and we know that we need a diverse team to develop medicines that serve diverse populations. Accordingly, Atomwise does not make any employment decisions (including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, and promotions) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs