Information Security Officer
Transform the communications world! Location? You decide!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
Our Birds choose where they work from in the region we’re hiring in — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely so long as it’s within a complementary timezone.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get shit done”. We expand our flock without geographical restrictions. This allows us to attract and assemble an industry leading team from a huge variety of backgrounds & cultures, making us more nimble, creative, and efficient!
The role: Information Security Officer | Remotely from EMEA
As Information Security Officer you are responsible for the continuous assessment and improvement of our information security maturity across all areas of our rapidly growing business. High quality risk analysis and risk management are the key to your success. Besides this, you play an important role in the communication and education about security to internal teams, like Engineering and Product, as well as to external stakeholders, customers and vendors.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
What You’ll Do
- Play a key role in ensuring we are in control and compliant with information security policies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a proactive and consistent approach to security, including Information Security, Operational Resilience and Physical Security.
- Continuously improve our security policies, procedures and guidelines: perform ongoing audits and analysis to validate the effectiveness of existing security controls. Work with suppliers to perform continuous penetration testing and simulated phishing tests.
- Assess the security of new vendors and suppliers. Closely monitor external vendor activity who have internal network access.
- Keep our platform and office infrastructure secure.
- Provide ongoing security awareness training to our teams.
- Research and implement cutting edge cybersecurity tools and technologies and keep abreast with the ever-changing cyber security landscape.
- Assist with identifying and assigning asset criticality.
- Assist our internal teams and customers with security related enquiries and issues.
What you’ll bring
- Preferably 5+ years experience in a similar Security role.
- Hold relevant Information Security Certifications
- Knowledge of security best practices in public cloud environments.
- An understanding of agile software development and secure software development lifecycles.
- Understanding of cryptography and best practices in implementation.
- Strong communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills with a drive to take initiative.
- Hands-on experience with ISO 27001, either implementing or auditing, is considered a plus.
- University degree in computer security is a plus.
What you'll gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless. You can learn more about our story and life as a Bird via #messagebird.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs