Sr. Product Security Engineer - Identity
United States (Remote)
HashiCorpHashiCorp delivers consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Our open source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software.
We are looking for Product Security Engineers to help scale our product security function, which works closely with engineering & product management to ensure that security is appropriately addressed across the HashiCorp suite of cloud and self-managed products. This role will report to our Director of Product Security.
Security at HashiCorp is a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Focus primarily on identity-specific initiatives and services associated with HashiCorp cloud products and services.
- Contribute to secure architecture and design of HashiCorp products, specifically identity-related features and integrations.
- Work across various product and engineering teams to prioritize security features and bugs, and ensure implementation and mitigations.
- Monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting HashiCorp products and services; triage reported vulnerabilities, identify mitigations and assess/communicate associated risk.
- Plan & execute security assessments (dynamic testing, static testing, code review, etc) and threat modeling of HashiCorp’s products, services, and associated cloud infrastructure.
- Build and implement security solutions across the product life-cycle, such as standalone security tools, CI/CD pipeline integrations, product security features/fixes, etc.
- Act as SME on multiple information security areas (e.g. security architecture, application security, threat modeling etc.)
- Assist in execution of 3rd-party audits, penetration tests, and bug bounty programs.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of security training.
- Research emerging attack vectors and techniques.
We are looking for talented self-starters with 4+ years of security experience. We will consider experienced engineers with less security-specific experience but the desire to learn!
You may be a good fit if you have knowledge and experience around:
- Modern identity protocols / components (OpenID Connect [OIDC], OAuth 2.0, JWT, SAML), services / platforms (Auth0, ORY Hydra, Okta), and supporting infrastructures & processes.
- Product / service architectures in modern cloud environments (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Modern engineering practices, processes, and tools, particularly related to the Go programming language and ecosystem.
- Secure development practices, and integration into broader engineering activities.
- Secure operations practices, specifically wrt. cloud environments.
- Application and infrastructure security testing methodologies and tools.
- Security design / architecture and threat modeling.
- Vulnerabilities (old and new), and options for defense / mitigation.
- Product vulnerability management lifecycle.
- Security audits, penetration tests, and/or bug bounty programs.
- Cryptography and cryptographic libraries.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. Interested, and think you might be a fit? Apply today!
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs