Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
At Charles River Analytics, our unparalleled team of technologists works together at the forefront of enhanced AI, robotics, smart sensing, and human-centered computing. We are a 100% employee-owned company, encouraging participation, innovation, and responsibility from our entire staff. At CRA, we take great pride in our success at attracting and retaining the most talented and creative problem-solvers in our field.
As a result of exciting growth, CRA is in search of an IT and Department of Defense enthusiast to help lead the next chapter of our classified information technology and security program. This position will perform the tasks of an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for multiple cutting-edge Department of Defense (DoD) R&D programs. Are you living in the DoD world with deep knowledge & skills in classified IT and security principles? Do you have a good method to stay organized despite multiple priorities, and enjoy the opportunity to collaborate and meet the demands of several key customers? Are you interested in being an Employee Owner at one of Boston's Best Places to Work? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
How you will help us grow:
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation, and evaluation of information systems security program for assigned programs in compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Develop, and recommend integrated security solutions for multiple classified information systems (IS) running on a variety of operating systems.
- Maintain security Assessment and Authorization documentation, including participation in system categorization. Examples include Information Assurance System Security Operating Procedures (IA SOP), System Security Plans (SSP), NIST 800-30 Risk Assessment Report (RAR), NIST 800-53/800-171 Security Control Tractability Matrix (SCTM).
- Apply cybersecurity standards, directives, guidance, and policies to special programs classified computing environments, as well as sensitive but unclassified computing environments.
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies. Develop a configuration baseline, perform configuration management against that baseline, and accurately assess each system's impact of modifications and vulnerabilities.
- Provide support to other cybersecurity personnel for maintaining appropriate operation information assurance (IA) posture for programs.
- Investigate security incidents including data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 Years of experience as an ISSO implementing NISPOM Chapter 8, DIACAP/NIST RMF
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Secret/Top Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (may substitute previous experience for education).
- Complete understanding of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), including the NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-60, NIST SP 800-34, NIST SP 800-30, and FIPS 199
- Ability to implement Certification and Accreditation (C&A) under Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with eMASS/NISS
- Comprehensive understanding of NIST SP 800-171
- Experience administering the system functions, including security policies and account management, of Microsoft Windows and Server as well as Linux/Unix-based systems.
- DFARS and FISMA experience
- Great communicator with the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated
- Familiarity with conducting vulnerability scans
- Experience performing security analysis to include security categorizations and risk assessments
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs