Manager, Networking and Information Security
Long Beach, California
RelativityOrganizations around the globe use Relativity's secure, end-to-end legal & compliance software to analyze data for e-discovery, litigation, investigations, communication surveillance, and more.
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Team and Role Overview
We are looking for a Networking and Security Manager to join our rapidly growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. As a Networking and Security Manager at Relativity, you will provide technical and team leadership for the Networking and Information Security programs that facilitate all aspects of corporate services, manufacturing, and launch and control systems. Your player-coach approach will bring together the best of state-of-the-art technical solutions, team building and leadership, and hands-on delivery of solutions to complex technical challenges.
You are passionate about technology and people, and bring a thought leader mindset to all automation, infrastructure, and architectural challenges. You are very capable of investigating and resolving technical problems and challenges yourself while setting priorities and providing guidance to a team that supports a very rapidly growing, multi-site organization. You will manage and grow the Networking and Information Security teams at Relativity, and report to the Director of IT.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us revolutionize the way rockets are built and flown, as the Networking and Security Manager at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s execution and agility by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing next generation Networking and Information Security technologies that support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Create roadmaps, develop and execute strategic plans for Networking and Information Security projects.
- Build and lead teams that design scalable and efficient solutions to complex and large-scale challenges.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assists in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality services by establishing and enforcing organization standards whilst identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update processes, infrastructure and systems.
- Partner with our Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, and Infrastructure resources to implement solutions that meet all critical functional needs and optimize return on investment.
- Establish and continuously improve processes and standards to ensure Networking and Information Security infrastructure operates resource-efficiently, and at scale.
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in Network and/or Information Security management, ideally in a mid-to-large sized, hyper-growth environment at a cutting-edge technology company. Prior experience working across various Networking and Security systems, applications and infrastructure, and a deep passion for delivery of elegant and robust solutions are critical. You have proven in past roles that you can take existing infrastructure processes and systems and elevate their performance to create positive impact from day one. Even as an astute team Manager, you are a technical Network and Security Engineering subject matter expert.
You are always exploring ways to improve your team’s results, you effectively engage with functional experts, and you show outstanding customer orientation by providing support and guidance to all stakeholders. You are a passionate team lead that continuously wants to develop your team and improve their performance. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building structure from scratch and have an unrelenting focus on excellent results. You are a visionary, eager to identify opportunities for improvement and drive delivery of elegant solutions to complex challenges across the enterprise.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Networking or Security lead/manager in a super-fast paced startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment.
- Expertise in Network Architecture with a focus on security and automation.
- Experience defining and scaling Networking and Security practices and tools at a very rapid pace.
- Ability to triage short-term fixes while developing long-term solutions.
- Outstanding communication and influencing abilities, paired with strong team leadership.
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization.
- Motivate your team to consistently deliver at a high pace and meet deadlines
- Balance and prioritize team workload across innovation, engineering support, infrastructure buildout, and tech debt
- Hands on experience with network architecture and strategy, high performance fault tolerant networks, automation pipelines, network security technologies, and monitoring systems
- Proven track record of recruiting, building, and developing very high functioning teams
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- You demonstrate thought leadership mindset to enable a high performance and hyper-growth environment and operate highly effectively at tactical levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch, personalized manner.
- Significant experience engaging with vendors and outside contractors to meet organizational objectives.
- 5+ years in a management role, preferably in Security or Networking, over a team or teams managing significant infrastructure
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Senior Network or Security Engineer
- Specific knowledge of ISO, NIST 800.181, or FedRAMP compliance
- A passion for creating a culture of inclusiveness and compassion
- A history of leveraging data to objectively measure impact and optimize people / engineering processes
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs