Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Security
Remote - US / Canada
GitHubGitHub is where over 65 million developers shape the future of software, together. Contribute to the open source community, manage your Git repositories, review code like a pro, track bugs and features, power your CI/CD and DevOps workflows,...
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help change the way we secure GitHub. We are looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to evolve and advance the cloud security posture of GitHub and its ecosystem.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will work alongside other members of the GitHub Security, IT, and Engineering organizations to help drive technical direction for all things cloud security. Senior Cloud Security Engineers at GitHub are self-starters, able to work autonomously in ambiguous environments, and collaborative natural problem solvers with experience automating and integrating disparate technologies. You should have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, a deep technical understanding of modern cloud and containerized security threats, the ability to influence people from customers to managers through technical solutions, and the desire to be an integral contributor to securing GitHub systems.
Senior Security Engineer Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Engineering teams across GitHub to design, build, and validate secure and scalable architectures in the cloud.
- Implement information security controls and patterns that support risk assessments and the development of secure architectures.
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout our corporate and production environments.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, including developing and implementing internal security tools, tactics, and procedures.
- Provide security-related guidance and documentation.
- 8+ years or more of demonstrable proficiency in security engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience building or managing Cloud Platforms, Products, or Services
- Experience with one or more major cloud service providers (AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure)
- Deep understanding of cloud service architecture and cloud security concepts
- The ability to take a pragmatic, risk-based approach to decision making while applying practical security principles and practices
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introducing new technologies
- Ability to produce concise and quality technical documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 2 years of experience in Cloud Security especially implementing Azure security controls
- Extensive experience building security solutions, ideally for cloud services
- Prior experience with securing Cloud Platforms and Services Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud security posture management (CSPM), and server virtualization technologies
- Experience writing tools using Python
- Experience with Azure Resources deployment and Azure Policy
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to management
Why join GitHub Security
As one of the largest developer platforms in the world, GitHub has unique challenges and is a great place to move the needle on developer productivity and software security at internet scale. Every product improvement we do affects tens of millions of developers worldwide and makes their lives easier.
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs