Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
Datacom operates three Cyber Security Operations Centres (CDOC’s) in Wellington, Auckland, and Brisbane from where we provide our managed SIEM and our full stack of Cybersecurity services.
Our Cyberecurity Operations Centre is a well-established team made up of Cybersecurity Analysts, Engineers, Devops Engineers and Incident Responders who have been managing customers, both commercial and government, for over 10+ years. We are a matured operational team that not only responds to security events, incidents, and triggers, but a fully-fledged operational team that hunts for anomalous, suspicious, and potentially unwanted activities within our customers environments.
We Partner with industry leaders to provide our services and to provide you with a broad technical skillset, certifications and experience.
This is an exciting time of growth, and our driven team need to grow to meet the increased demand and activity. We are looking for a mix of Analysts from Junior (2+ years exp.) to Intermediate(3+ years exp.)
About the Role
The core objectives and responsibilities of the Cybersecurity Analyst include analysing security events of interest before managing the incident through to resolution or identifying an opportunity for tuning.
A Cybersecurity Analyst uses defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyse, and report events that occur or might occur within the network to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
What you’ll do (Basics)
- Action regular tasks and processes
- Review and respond to alarms/tickets
- Incident response investigation
- Handle Events of Interest escalations
- Initial triage
- Security event analysis
- Log and escalate tickets
- Identify policy changes required based on analysis
- Security use case and correlation rule development
- Threat hunting
What you’ll bring (Basics)
- Understanding of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) concepts and functionality
- Knowledge of networks, firewalls, proxies concepts and technologies
- Security industry frameworks such as NIST 800-61, NZISM ·
- Cyber-attack methodologies and techniques such as MITRE and Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain and other common cybersecurity frameworks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows domain technologies (e.g. Active Directory)
- ITIL - Information Technology
- CompTIA Security+ study or certification
- Minimum 2 years in a similar security analyst role and security incident response and resolution handling.
Due to the Nature of the Clients you will be working with you will need to be an NZ Citizen/Permanent Resident and have the ability to pass additional security clearances or have lived in the 5 eyes for the last 5 years. We do however consider work visas for other opportunities across Datacom so please keep an eye on our careers page for any roles of interest.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
If you are keen to be part of a great team, please apply online! All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs