Data Security Analyst
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Security Analyst to develop and implement Twilio’s data security practices to satisfy internal and external requirements. Twilio has a responsibility to safeguard internal company and employee data. In addition, Twilio’s ability to secure data and access to it is an important factor in enabling customers to meet their data-related obligations. This role reports into the Data Security Governance team.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has the necessary expertise to build Twilio’s Data Security Governance organization into an industry leading practice. They also have:
- 3+ years experience implementing Data Security Governance strategies and technologies in a complex software delivery or telecommunications company.
- Experience creating requirements for technical solutions to enable a consistent level of data security across Twilio and performing gap assessments against those requirements.
- Experience leveraging data catalog/inventory, data governance controls, data flow mapping, and data flow controls to run a data security program.
- Functional knowledge of ISO 27001-2, NIST 800-53, common data security legal and regulatory requirements and ability to identify actionable and scalable solutions to gaps identified.
- Have experience with the design and operation of Governance, Risk, and Compliance support systems.
- Have extraordinary organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Have a broad understanding of the technical implementations surrounding data security governance strategies, including data protection, access controls, and resiliency.
As the Data Security Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Implement data security strategy to ensure we’re meeting our customers’ high expectations and all applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Define, scope and drive ongoing data security governance and data classification initiatives to ensure adherence across our fast-growing organization
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop standards and best practices around data security at Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Define efficient and effective data security controls that meet the needs of multiple business, regulatory, and security stakeholders and work with data owners, data custodians, and engineering teams to drive successful implementation
- DON’T SETTLE: Leverage automation to monitor & audit compliance with data security governance requirements.
Data Security Governance is growing in importance as we transmit and store sensitive information. Implementing centralized data security governance is imperative to ensure protection of the data our customers entrust to Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Included for all Remote-US roles
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $109,824 - 151,008
Rest of Colorado: $96,096 - 132,132
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs