Security Researcher - Vancouver, BC
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Tigera empowers organizations to secure, observe, and troubleshoot containers, Kubernetes, and cloud. Its commercial products include Calico Enterprise, a self-managed security and observability platform, and Calico Cloud, a Kubernetes-native cloud service that extends the declarative nature of Kubernetes. Its open-source offering, Calico Open Source, is the most widely adopted container networking and security solution. Tigera’s solutions specify security and observability as code to ensure consistent enforcement of security policies, which enables DevOps, platform, and security teams to protect workloads, detect threats, achieve continuous compliance, and troubleshoot service issues in real time.
Powering more than 100M containers across 1.5M nodes in 166 countries, Calico software is supported across all major cloud providers and Kubernetes distributions, and is used by leading companies including AT&T, Discover, Merck, ServiceNow, HanseMerkur, RealPage, L3Harris, and Mindbody.
As our team grows, we are looking for colleagues who not only share our passion for this work and growing our company, but who will also strengthen our company values and help ensure that Tigera remains a great place to work. At our core, our focus is on our customers, who are the heroes of our story; on aiming high and staying nimble in how we get there; on continuous learning to drive our success; and on respecting, collaborating, and supporting each other on a daily basis.
If you are looking to help make a substantial impact, and our values and products align with your vision of your career growth, we want to hear from you!
About Your Role
As a threat intelligence researcher, you will be joining a team that is highly engineering-focused with a culture that values diversity, collaboration, agility and innovation, keeping us one step ahead in the exciting and fast moving cloud-native technology space.
- Analyze application and infrastructure telemetry to identify new network attacks and malware.
- Collaborate with the broader threat intelligence research community to understand attacks, how to detect them, and how to prevent them.
- Operationalize this knowledge to help our customers detect or prevent attacks in the wild.
- Develop detection or prevention rules that fit into our existing intrusion detection and prevention frameworks
- Pioneer new frameworks and techniques that keep our customers one step ahead of attackers.
As an early stage startup, everyone is expected to pitch in and wear multiple hats. If you are interested, there are ample opportunities for you to connect with our community and customers including meetups, conferences, developer summits and sale engagements.
- Ability to work with a “security mindset” including adversarial thinking, threat modelling, and defense in depth.
- Extensive experience analyzing application and infrastructure telemetry (application logs, network flow logs, audit logs, metrics, core dumps, etc.) for indicators of compromise.
- Extensive experience helping to secure real-world, production systems.
- Solid numerical programming skills
- A drive to get things done in a highly collaborative, agile development environment.
- BS in CS or related / similar degree (equivalent experience may suffice).
Nice to Have
- Experience applying machine learning to adversarial threat detection problems
- Experience with container-based clusters like Kubernetes, Docker, or Mesos
- Experience securing applications in public clouds like AWS, Azure, or GCE
- Experience with large scale data systems like Hadoop, Spark, or TensorFlow
- Experience in an early-stage startup
- Experience contributing to open source projects
Why Join Us
With offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Vancouver (Canada), Cork (Ireland), and London (England), we have a thriving team of diverse individuals from all over the world. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. We also offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision, and dental benefits. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration, and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs