Information Security Senior Engineer
At Wellthy, we dream of the day when taking care of the sick and the elderly becomes seamlessly human and tech powered. Wellthy is evolving the way we take care of each other by building a better healthcare experience for people with complex, chronic, and aging concerns.
As the first dedicated Information Security Senior Engineer at Wellthy, you will have the opportunity to own your area of work and be exposed to a wide variety of Security technologies. Joining us at this stage will offer you the opportunity to grow with Wellthy. You will report to the Director of IT and Security and partner closely with the Security and Operations teams to support the needs of the business.
You will drive the following efforts:
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security issues.
- Provide technical leadership of security systems, processes and services, ensuring proper configuration, controls and effectiveness.
- Own and deliver large strategic projects, frequently with minimal supervision.
- Implement security improvements by assessing business and environmental opportunities.
- Perform code analysis for security vulnerabilities.
- Have a passion for mentoring and upskilling your team members.
- Evaluate security trends and recommend/implement security enhancements.
- Participate in periodic audits to maintain best practices and security certifications.
- Identify security concerns, inefficiencies or omissions and recommend/address corrections.
- Make a strong contribution to the company culture as we continue to grow.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who will identify stakeholders and communicate project status and timelines.
- Overcome obstacles to meet deadlines by seeking out resources and escalating as needed.
- Shares complex information and ideas in a clear and compelling manner. Proactively addresses and plans for various scenarios.
- Evaluates alternatives, proposes and initiates workable solutions.
- Support organizational initiatives such as onboarding and represent Wellthy within the organization and outside the organization.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Experience with AWS cloud security technologies.
- Familiarity with Information Security Vulnerability Management programs.
- Proficiency with: Anti-Virus, IDP, Full Packet Capture, Network Security.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. LogRhythm, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS
- Knowledge of data warehouse configuration settings to maintain security and compliance needs.
- Knowledge of email protocols and security functions; i.e. SPF and DKIM
- You are passionate about Information Security and how it enables business growth opportunities, with at least 7 years of relevant experience supporting rapidly growing companies working in a team environment.
- You don’t like repetitive tasks so you look for ways to automate and introduce systems or tools to help reduce redundancy and manual processes.
- You are a business enabler that looks for solutions that move the business forward in a safe and secure manner.
- Ideally you have experience with a growing health-tech startup using Apple and Google products and know G Suite inside and out.
- Experienced evaluating and implementing SaaS solutions.
- You are a hands-on person focused on delivering expected outcomes.
Like everyone, you have your favorite technologies but you’re not dogmatic about them. In fact, you enjoy learning new technologies on a regular basis. You derive satisfaction not just from clean and creative solutions but from offering genuine help and support that improves the experience for everyone working at Wellthy. You’re proud of the implementations you work on and getting to the root cause of issues you encounter. You remain calm under pressure and aren’t daunted when faced with issues you haven’t seen before. You are comfortable running while working on your own but enjoy interacting with talented and thoughtful colleagues. You realize life is short and that what you work on and who you do it with matters.
Wellthy is a healthcare concierge service. We use dedicated care coordinators and our seamless technology platform to project manage healthcare for families with sick and aging loved ones. Wellthy takes the pain out of healthcare – scheduling appointments, finding the right specialists, researching treatment options, managing insurance, organizing records, communicating with family members and much more. For employers, Wellthy promises to reach, support, and improve productivity of caregiving employees. Find out more: www.wellthy.com.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs