Insider Threat Analyst
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors.
Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles. Founded in 1975, we are a community of independent thinkers who share a commitment for excellence.
By fostering a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion, we strive to unlock the most complex questions in investment strategy, management, and corporate culture.
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know.
Security Department Overview
Our group is responsible for protecting Bridgewater’s people, culture, and ideas — specifically its investment engine, which manages over $150 billion in assets for institutional clients across the globe, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks. We are implementing a three-pronged structure of staff, cyber, and physical security and investing in world-class practitioners and cutting-edge technology to help us hold the highest standards in the ever-changing threat landscape. We’re committed to becoming the most innovative and formidable security team in the world.
About Your Role
The Staff Security Analyst is part of the Operations Pillar’s team focused on identifying and mitigating insider threat across the employee lifecycle. The Staff Security Analyst will be integral to the team’s success by running aspects of their lifecycle processes (largely focused on background checks, but will include additional processes throughout the lifecycle). The analyst will coordinate and track requirements, conduct risk assessments, track alerts and partner with others on the team to ensure these processes are managed excellently. We are seeking a motivated self-starter who has excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) and displays a high sense of integrity and security-mindedness. The ideal candidate will ensure tight operation while deftly prioritizing actions for high volume, highly sensitive processes. The analyst role provides an entry point to learn security tools and practices while partnering with accomplished professionals throughout the department. Through time, a successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop security expertise and grow their responsibilities within Staff Security.
You will drive the following responsibilities
- Operate and manage the high volume processes that we use to assess requests.
- Act as point of contact with current and former employees as they transition to their next employment opportunities.
- Research and obtain information needed to make good decisions.
- Provide support to draft pertinent legal documents.
- Participate as a partner as we automate and improve our processes.
- Work with members of the Staff Security team to identify and understand employment risk and vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive university.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in a high intensity environment.
- Ability to handle and maintaining highly confidential information.
- Ability to work methodically while maintaining detailed quality standards.
- Common sense approach to problem solving and prioritization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to properly balance business needs and customer service with security requirements.
- Willing to give and receive constant feedback and hold people accountable for performing excellently.
Why Choose Bridgewater?
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
▪ Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
▪ 401(k) plan with generous employer match
▪ Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
▪ Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
▪ Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
▪ Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
▪ An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest
▪ And more
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs