Sr. Product Security Engineer
We’re powering the continuous economy by building the world’s first end to end system for automated software delivery.
CloudBees, the enterprise software delivery company, provides the industry’s leading DevOps technology platform. CloudBees enables developers to focus on what they do best: Build stuff that matters while providing peace of mind to management with powerful risk mitigation, compliance, and governance tools. Used by many of the Fortune 100, CloudBees is helping thousands of companies harness the power of continuous everything and gets them on the fastest path from a great idea, to great software, to amazing customer experiences, to being a business that changes lives.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital, and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps professionals.
The Product Security organization oversees engineering security practices across the entire product organization and therefore the securing of multiple products (both on-prem builds and SaaS). Product Security is multi-faceted with respect to the counterparts it is interacting with: engineering teams, product management, product marketing, legal and external customers; it is at the cross-road of everything we build.
You will be involved in a vast array of endeavors to build our security program, which includes a lot of freedom to define our security roadmap. Your primary task will be to automate and integrate a variety of systems and tools to come up with a state-of-the-art security pipeline. You will also lean on other engineering endeavors for our compliance program, work on the application security pipeline, drive cloud security practices, Docker and Kubernetes security, vulnerability management, educating our engineering workforce, and harden our software supply chain.
Location / TimeZone: our preferred team member will work EU working hours. We fully embrace remote and asynchronous working but recognize the demands of time-zones on all staff. We use remote tools extensively, including Slack, GitHub and Google Docs.
What You’ll Do
- Work on web application security, including front-end and back-end.
- Work hand in hand with Ops on cloud security and incident response.
- Engineer and automate our global product security program:
- Define and implement application security pipelines.
- Work on our software supply chain security with product teams.
- Develop or integrate libraries and other building blocks to enable all CloudBees services to operate and handle user data more securely.
- Drive and follow-up on risk assessments, security reviews with Product teams.
- Work closely with the product engineering teams to deliver security requirements/features into the design, implementation, and delivery of new services, based on OWASP SAMM.
- Improve and use our main vulnerability management application (OWASP DefectDojo)
- Including strengthening its integration to other tools
- Help raise the profile of security across engineering:
- Educate and evangelize security engineering throughout the organization.
- Re-engineer processes as needed in collaboration with the teams.
What The Role Requires
- The hacker mentality of doing whatever it takes to figure out and solve a problem.
- There is no lie in saying we will be asking for a lot :-)
- Prior experience (5+ years) as an appsec engineer, including:
- Risk Assessment / Threat Modeling / Risk Mitigation
- Security reviews (incl. active vulnerability research)
- Secure SDLC
- Prior experience (2+ years) working with Product teams, directly interacting with software development and operations teams.
- Proficiency using CI/CD tools to create and manage automated pipelines (e.g. Jenkins pipelines, or any other of our competition ;-))
- Strong proficiency in scripting and / or software development (Golang, Python, Java/Groovy preferred)
- Experience with authentication / authorization protocols such as OAuth, OIDC, SAML.
- Experience in the OWASP Top Ten (web, API) security risks and how to mitigate them.
- Infrastructure level experience with Google Cloud, Kubernetes (GKE), Terraform and Helm charts is nice to have.
- Passion for automating all the things, while keeping security in mind at all times.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings (when we’re back to normal)
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
We have a culture of movers and shakers and are leading the way for everyone else with a vision to transform the industry. We are authentic in who we are. We believe in our abilities and strengths to change the world for the better. Being inclusive and working together is at the heart of everything we do. We are naturally curious. We ask the right questions, challenge what can be done differently and come up with intelligent solutions to the problems we find. If that’s you, get ready to bee impactful and join the hive.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs