Senior Software Engineer, Risks and Vulnerability Management
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
ecurity teams need an accurate inventory of their organization’s Internet-facing assets along with prioritized and actionable risk information. Censys maintains the largest, most accurate and most credible map of the Internet, and we’re using that map to discover Internet-facing assets and risks for security practitioners. Censys provides a detailed demarcation of the perimeter and identifies risks to help security practitioners defend their organizations.
We’re looking for a Risks and Vulnerability Engineer to join our engineering team. You’ll be working on designing, building, and scaling our risks and data enrichment framework, which will power our Enterprise Data Sets and Attack Surface Management platform. In addition, you will be responsible for creating and managing risks in our new risks database, as well as working with rapid response to help quickly identify and implement new risks as they become available.
You’ll be directly responsible for supporting us in our ultimate mission to help organizations understand their infrastructure and security.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience with risk and vulnerability management and the ability to create and integrate risks into public datasets, frameworks, and APIs used by customer facing applications.
- Experience building services around processing and managing large datasets, preferably with internet asset datasets (hosts, domains, services, certificates, etc.).
- You are comfortable working with vulnerability databases such as MITRE, OWASP, and NIST.
- Ability to work with cloud computing environments and offerings (preferably GCP).
- You can work with your teammates and operations to design, build, and deploy scalable architecture designed to run inside a Kubernetes environment.
- Basic understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, BigTable, Spark) and approaches.
- You’re willing to pair up with anybody to solve problems, with an eye towards code quality and maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to other engineers, designers, sales people, and content marketers is no problem for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with data engineering to tightly integrate risks and other data enrichments with our data.
- Create a framework for easily designing and deriving new risks and vulnerability detection from our data.
- Work with rapid response to quickly and effectively implement new risks and vulnerabilities and to be able to generate actionable insights from our data when new vulnerabilities are discovered.
- Work with PM to understand business needs and market trends, and determine how our services need to evolve to fit upcoming needs.
- Support research and the Office of the CTO to help influence our long term roadmap around risk and vulnerability management.
- Ensure we have the ability to effectively communicate about our risk framework and processes.
- Occasionally support the Customer Success and Sales Engineering teams with customer or partnership calls to provide technical expertise.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs