Principal Security Operations Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our Cloud Engineering team is actively seeing a Principal Security Operations Engineer to join our growing team. In this role you will assist in developing enterprise cryptographic strategy, integrating, supporting and administration of technologies. You will play an integral role in enabling our organization to establish effective protection against security threats.
Acting as a security mentor to our engineering team, your responsibilities will include designing and implementing secure systems while proactively identifying and fixing security flaws/vulnerabilities. You will utilize your industry experience owning and driving the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions, technical security issues, implementing security controls, audits, and monitoring systems.
Reporting to the Director of Security Operations, you will have the opportunity to work with Snowflake’s bleeding edge technology and gain experience with AWS/Azure and GCP. This is a lead individual contributor role with potential to grow into management.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Assist in developing enterprise cryptographic strategy, integrating, supporting and administration of technologies. Including subject matter expertise, around secrets management, PKI, Cloud, and modern cryptographic protocols/constructs and key management
- Implement a capability driven and highly automated approach to our security operations, monitoring & detection, incident response capabilities, and our overall information security risk management program efforts
- Enhance our security policy, clearly defining the scope of protection and outlines the responsibilities of all relevant parties
- Manage and enhance PKI infrastructure, HSM, Key management and data replication management.
- Automate operational activities that are part of the maintaining security infrastructure
- Set up monitoring dashboards, alerts, log management, and other security operations capabilities by utilizing industry-standard tools and platforms (SIEMs) alongside our currently deployed toolsets/platforms.
- Facilitate and embed security controls across our infrastructure and into our CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including software engineers to design security systems and solutions that enable developers to operate their services more effectively, securely and safely
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 15 years of hands on security operations experience with a deep understanding of various technologies in the security domain
- Experience with and proven methods for managing the information security incident lifecycle, including incident response, mitigation, after-action reporting, and mapping a path forward.
- Programming expertise in Python/Perl/Go required
- Hands on experience with Vault by Hashicorp
- Proven ability to independently identify and resolve critical and complex issues through effective problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of PKI/PKCS, and cryptographic tools and techniques, including but not limited to RSA, AES, ECC algorithms, hashing algorithms, public/private key encryption, internal PKI design and management, HSM applied use and integrations
- Understanding of information security architecture, mitigation of threats, and compensating controls. Deep familiarity with frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27001
- Ability to combine information from various sources into clear, concise technical documents that explain the background and procedures for detecting and mitigating risks
- Master’s degree in computer science/Computer Engineering /Cyber security preferred
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- The position may require access to U.S. export-controlled technologies or technical data.
- Employment with Snowflake is contingent on Snowflake either verifying that you may legally access U.S. export-controlled technologies and technical data, or successfully obtaining by July 1, 2021, any necessary license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to allow you to have the ability to access U.S. export-controlled technology and technical data.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs