Cyber Hunt & Incident Response Analyst
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Join a highly technical team responsible for responding to the latest breaches (SolarWinds, Microsoft Exchange, Colonial Pipeline) across Fortune 500, Federal, and State/Local organizations.
phia has an opportunity for a Cyber Hunt & Incident Response Analyst to support our DHS CISA Hunt and Incident Response deployment teams (HIRT). In this position, you will be on the front line of supporting national and international cyber intrusions teaming with DHS stakeholders to secure America’s critical infrastructure. These engagements entail performing host and network analysis to find the badness. Come join our cutting-edge team working on stopping some of the world’s most advanced adversaries. This position is located in Arlington, VA, with frequent/full remote options during the pandemic/post-pandemic.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analyses on hosts running on a variety of platforms and operating systems.
- Perform analysis of logs/artifacts from a variety of sources (host/network alerts, host logs, network traffic logs, malicious files, registry, filesystems, etc.) to identify threats.
- Perform real‐time hunt and incident handling (data collection, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and system remediation) tasks.
- Leverage tools including Tanium, FireEye suite, GRR, Volatility, SIFT Workstation, MISP, and/or Bro as part of duties performing cyber incident response analysis.
- Utilize data analytics tools including Splunk to make sense of machine data for hunt and IR missions.
- Collect intrusion artifacts and use discovered data to enable mitigation of badness within the enterprise.
- Track and document hunts and incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Write and publish reports (e.g. engagement reports) on incident findings.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related area of study. If no degree is held, candidates must have 7-9 years of hunt/incident response experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience using hunt/IR technologies and industry-standard tools
- Experience writing thorough cyber investigative reports detailing incident findings
- Proficiency with analysis and characterization of cyber attacks (Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK)
- Proficiency with common operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows), with a demonstrated understanding of how they may be compromised.
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
Security Clearance Requirements
- This position will require U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
Desired Industry Certifications
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia-based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with a focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs