Information Security - Incident Response Analyst
Distributed, Mexico | Distributed, South America
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
As an Incident Response Analyst at Elastic, you are one of the front-line defenders for ensuring we are delivering safe and secure products and services to our customers, users, and fellow Elasticians. You will be responsible for reviewing and responding to alerts across a wide variety of sources that include multiple cloud providers, CI/CD environments, SaaS services, user workstations, and much more. Elastic is distributed globally by design, and we model our response practice around that same concept; enabling domain experts to respond with oversight from the Incident Response team and relying on you to provide oversight and guidance to these experts. You’ll also dive in and provide support in identifying what happened, who did it, when, and where to ensure we’ve accurately secured our environment during and after security events. If doing all of this with the Elastic Stack excites you, then we’d love to talk with you!
What you would be doing:
- Review and respond to alerts generated from our Elastic Detection Engine and other monitoring sources
- Oversee and coordinate response activities that span multiple teams and products to ensure we are fully remediating and sufficiently mitigating any gaps in our security posture that become known through a security event or other incoming source
- Provide feedback to the Detection Engineering team to improve the quality of detections by identifying false positives, enrichment opportunities, and automated response possibilities
- Identify additional log sources that would close visibility gaps and work with security engineering to onboard those log sources
- Identify additional integration points that would aid in event enrichment
- Identify additional integration points that would enable new and/or improved automated response activities
- Leverage the Threat Intelligence team to gather additional context for security events
- Follow-up on security event after-action activities, such as lessons learned actions to close security gaps
- Work with the Incident Response Lead to identify areas for improvement and develop plans to implement those improvements
What you bring along:
- You’ve solved complex IT and security problems through log and system analysis (Incident Response, SRE, System Administration). If you’ve done this with the help of the Elastic Stack, even better!
- You have demonstrated your ability to think innovatively about solving critical security problems.
- You’ve coordinated response activities to resolve IT and security-related problems with the right people in a timely manner.
- Experience with scripting is a plus, especially in Python.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs