Junior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst (Night Shift)
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Junior-level SOC Analyst (Night Shift) to support an Agency-level SOC at DHS. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. SOC Analysts will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the CND operational mission. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must along with the ability to work shift. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
- 12 hour shifts Sun - Wed, or Wed - Sat (7PM-7AM)
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in network defense environments.
- Active Secret or DHS Agency Clearance.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk or ArcSight).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, Tanium queries, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings.
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Network Threat Hunting (Sqrrl), Big Data Analytics (Splunk), Endpoint Threat Detection and Response (Tanium), SIEM (ArcSight), workflow and ticketing (HP Service Manager), Intrusion Detection System (IBM ISS).
- Ability to support coverage requirements for various shifts during holidays and weekends when required.
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed (occasional night and weekend work required) and/or a 10-12 hour shift in a single day.
- Should have Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- For Mid-level analysts, one or more certifications for CND Analysts: GCIA, GCED, GCFA, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, ECSA, CHFI, CISSP, CEH, CND.
- An understanding in researching Emerging Threats and recommending monitoring content within security tools.
- Experience in analyzing netflow data and packet capture (PCAP).
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies, specific tools listed in parentheses: Network Threat Hunting (Sqrrl), Big Data Analytics (Splunk), Endpoint Threat Detection (Tanium), SIEM (ArcSight), workflow and ticketing (HP Service Manager), and Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IBM ISS).
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs