Eagan, Minnesota, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We are looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to support the USPS’s Vulnerability Management & Assessments (VMA) program at the Eagan Data Center Facility located in Eagan, MN.
Due to the nature of the work involved this position is not eligible for remote work.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the security architecture across a variety of applications or domains, including cloud computing and assigned projects & initiatives of large size, complexity, and risk.
- Develop actionable security blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards, and guidelines to ensure enterprise information technology architecture and support is consistent, usable, secure, and adds value to the business.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information to integrate and migrate existing and planned platforms in support of an organization’s enterprise architecture.
- Discern protection needs (e.g., security controls) to compare an organization’s protection requirements to its information security guidance; identifies gaps in its security architecture, presents considerations for applicability and risk, and provides recommendations for remediation.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security is required.
- 5+ years in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions.
- Demonstrated experience with Tenable vulnerability scanning within a large enterprise environment.
- Experience with Splunk, DAST, PCI, container security, or cloud is a plus.
The preferred candidate will have one or more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Net+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security +
- CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
Security Clearance Requirements
- Ability to obtain Public Trust (or higher) government clearance. Active USPS Sensitive clearance preferred.
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs